Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is for CT residents only.
I just called a participating Credit Union, specifically Mutual Security (Mutual Security Credit Union | Serving Fairfield, Litchfield & New Haven Counties) to confirm they are participating in the CT Green Bank promotion for 0.99% Special Offer for Electric Vehicle (EV) Buyers! | Connecticut Green Bank
They confirmed with my credit score (excellent) I could get up to 60 months at 0.99% on a model 3.
Will start the application once I have my Vin. Pre-approvals are valid for 60 days.

Reactions: Pkmmte
This is for CT residents only.
I just called a participating Credit Union, specifically Mutual Security (Mutual Security Credit Union | Serving Fairfield, Litchfield & New Haven Counties) to confirm they are participating in the CT Green Bank promotion for 0.99% Special Offer for Electric Vehicle (EV) Buyers! | Connecticut Green Bank
They confirmed with my credit score (excellent) I could get up to 60 months at 0.99% on a model 3.
Will start the application once I have my Vin. Pre-approvals are valid for 60 days.
Terrific! Thank you. Hoping for my invitation to configure very soon. Line waiter, 3/31/16 at 12:30 (Short Hills Mall, NJ)

Since I got the call from Tesla this week, I went ahead and applied for my loan. I joined Delta Community Credit Union. The rates had gone up .1 % since the rates in January but many of the CUs I was looking at had gone up since then (assuming due to the recent market ‘correction’).

Rates: New Car Loans | Used Car Loans - Delta Community Credit Union

They were great in working with the Tesla inside sales advisor and took care of getting the loan approval document to the ISA to get my delivery set up. They took care of everything and were super accommodating about everything. The ISA told me that it was easier for Tesla if I brought the loan check with me to the delivery instead of them processing things with the CU. I mentioned that to the CU and they contacted the ISA and took care of everything and kept me in the loop. From the time I applied for the loan to the time the ISA had the approval paperwork was less than 20 minutes! And told me they would overnight the check to me so I would be able to schedule my delivery ASAP!

I chose to do the loan process over the phone and I’m glad I did, the CU agent I dealt with even told me how to get $50 for opening an account with them (you have to open an account in order to get a loan). When I called to apply for the loan, they could have just processed everything and not even mentioned anything about the referral $50 program. But she suggested I: 1) join the referral program, 2) open an account, 3) apply for the loan. She could do #2 and 3 over the phone or I could do them online, but joining the referral program FIRST was key.

So if you are planning on using Delta Community CU and need a referral, feel free to use mine below.

Also let me know if anyone wants the CU agent’s name and contact info and I can PM it to you.

Referral link: Earn great rewards!

I just checked and the DCCU April loan specials are released ... 1.98% for up to 60 months, 2.48% for 72 months, and 2.98% for 84 months

The rates are good for new AND used vehicles!

I’m going to refinance one of my other vehicles now also!

Also get $50 for joining DCCU. Details in my previous post.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
I just checked and the DCCU April loan specials are released ... 1.98% for up to 60 months, 2.48% for 72 months, and 2.98% for 84 months

The rates are good for new AND used vehicles!

I’m going to refinance one of my other vehicles now also!

Also get $50 for joining DCCU. Details in my previous post.
Anyway to get in if not in GA or work (ed) for listed companies? I'm in FL.

Since this is such a time sensitive topic as interest rates have been slowly climbing, has anyone very recently been able to get any better than 1.99% for a Model 3 for a 60 month loan term? I'm in southern NJ (thus feedback from fellow Jerseyans would be most welcome) where a local FCU is offering that so I'm thinking that's the best I'm likely to get and I should lock it down once my VIN comes in. Thanks in advance.

Since this is such a time sensitive topic as interest rates have been slowly climbing, has anyone very recently been able to get any better than 1.99% for a Model 3 for a 60 month loan term? I'm in southern NJ (thus feedback from fellow Jerseyans would be most welcome) where a local FCU is offering that so I'm thinking that's the best I'm likely to get and I should lock it down once my VIN comes in. Thanks in advance.

Let me know what you find out! I'm in central NJ and am looking for the same. No VIN assigned. TechCU seemed the best, but their rate climbed from 1.99 to 2.49. I have yet to find a local bank with a rate below 2.75, at least without calling. I have great credit, but I don't know if they will beat published rates if I call. Which local FCU is offering 1.99% for 60? I'll let you know if I see any good rates!

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Let me know what you find out! I'm in central NJ and am looking for the same. No VIN assigned. TechCU seemed the best, but their rate climbed from 1.99 to 2.49. I have yet to find a local bank with a rate below 2.75, at least without calling. I have great credit, but I don't know if they will beat published rates if I call. Which local FCU is offering 1.99% for 60? I'll let you know if I see any good rates!

Cheers. The one I’m talking to is South Jersey FCU but I don’t know how far north they reach into NJ. I’m eligible for membership as a teacher in a participating school district. They at first will offer 2.24 but if your credit is solid, they’ll drop it to 1.99 with the underwriters blessing.

You guys should consider joining PVFCU. I got 1.99% for 84 months.

They required you to join a food co-op if you dont live in VA. Food co-op is $200, but they only took $25 from me and wouldnt collect the rest till im in their store. I’m over 3 hrs away ;)

$25 but save me thousands. At 1.99 I’ll get better return investing.

Do you mind sharing the name of the co-op and what you had to do to become a member. I live in Indiana and all my local credit unions are in the 4-5% range.