Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fwiw: post 149 has the contact info for the Rep that brought FPCU to our attention. I plan on using him.

I called Ryan at FPCU in Irvine yesterday and submitted the requested information. It sounds like the 72m 1.99% promo had more to do with having a down payment or lower loan-to-value ratio. In any case, since I planned to put some money down, it didn’t appear to be an issue getting the promo rate. He did mention that the rates were going up 0.25% on Monday though.

But based on the past few posts about other reps at FPCU, definitely call Ryan. He’s the one that posted his info and even made me/us aware of FPCU. But most of all, he was quick and easy to work with. No weirdness about it.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and hoang51
I called Ryan at FPCU in Irvine yesterday and submitted the requested information. It sounds like the 72m 1.99% promo had more to do with having a down payment or lower loan-to-value ratio. In any case, since I planned to put some money down, it didn’t appear to be an issue getting the promo rate. He did mention that the rates were going up 0.25% on Monday though.

But based on the past few posts about other reps at FPCU, definitely call Ryan. He’s the one that posted his info and even made me/us aware of FPCU. But most of all, he was quick and easy to work with. No weirdness about it.

I locked a rate of 1.99% for 72 months with Ryan at FPCU yesterday. Great person to work with. You need a credit score of 730+ with TransUnion and 15% down to qualify for this rate. My Equifax score was 760 but looks like my TransUnion score was only 710. So I had to pull my wife in to co-sign to get the 1.99% rate.

For you Los Angeles residents, did your total with tax/registration come out to $61K (EAP/$1K paint)? Wondering if my guess amount is correct.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleFees.do

I locked a rate of 1.99% for 72 months with Ryan at FPCU yesterday. Great person to work with. You need a credit score of 730+ with TransUnion and 15% down to qualify for this rate. My Equifax score was 760 but looks like my TransUnion score was only 710. So I had to pull my wife in to co-sign to get the 1.99% rate.

For you Los Angeles residents, did your total with tax/registration come out to $61K (EAP/$1K paint)? Wondering if my guess amount is correct.

Hello can you give me ryans contact?

Hmm I called FPCU and was specifically told that they do not offer locked rates. The rate would be what it is based on time of delivery.

Fpcu refuses to give me 72 months because the car is electric. How did you get them to do 72 months??
Their promo of 1.99% for 60 months I believe is going up today to 2.24%. I closed on my loan Saturday to lock the 1.99%. I was scheduled for delivery this Thursday anyway so timing was perfect. I asked to be considered for 72 months and they approved it at the same rate. 15% minimum down I believe is a strict requirement. They are really easy to work with. My loan rep is Alex Saldana.

As a word of warning:
I applied to Xceed Financial Credit Union (thanks to this thread and others). Like others have stated, they seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in the deluge of Tesla customers, but when they emailed me the paperwork to sign, they sent it to the wrong email address (despite having the correct email address noted in their paperwork). This paperwork included my SSN, address, license #, work address/location, etc.
Luckily, the actual recipient replied to them and copied me, otherwise I wouldn't have ever known. When I called them, they lied and said their message got sent back to them as undeliverable. I told them I knew what really happened because I was copied in the email that was returned to them, and their response was "Oh, sorry.".
Somehow I still can't help but feel a little bad due to how firendly the representative was on the phone, but this was a huge error (and subsequent lie) that has caused me to lose trust in Xceed, and has the potential to cause years of heartache if my SSN and other personal info is in the wrong hands, so I needed to share my experience with Xceed.

Yup, I applied to Xceed as well and it all went seemingly well until I forwarded a email chain between the loan officer and another person. I emailed the loan officer stating this was not meant for me and all she stated was "sorry about that..."

It seems like its pretty common if this has been mentioned twice in a forum post...

I was offered 2.25% for 60 months or 1.75% for 36 months. Thats with autopay. Not sure if I want to go with them now and stick with my local CU thats 2.24% for 60 months

What are people in Los Angeles getting? With 50% down, BofA approved me for: 36 months for 2.69%, 48 months for 2.64%, 60 months for 2.79%, and 72 months for 3.04%.

Logix Federal Credit Union in Pasadena quoted me 2.240% for 48 months. I'm leaning towards going with them. Online quote was a speedy process and their rep called me within 5 min of getting approval. 60 day lock once approved.