Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in ohio...Medina federal credit union has some of the best rates for longer term loans. 2.74 for up to 78 months if you would want to go that long for some reason. Their 60 month rate is the same, so that could probably be beaten elsewhere.

Can someone who has done it please PM me how the Lightstream Rate Beat works. I have an approval from Lightstream and an emailed pre-approval from another lender at a lower rate. Thanks!
All you have to do is email Lightstream, attached your pre-approval letter from the other lender and they'll match those terms. Make sure your pre-approval letter mentions the terms in it, including interest rate. More details here: Rate Beat

All you have to do is email Lightstream, attached your pre-approval letter from the other lender and they'll match those terms. Make sure your pre-approval letter mentions the terms in it, including interest rate. More details here: Rate Beat

I applied and was approved with Lightstream but could not get them to rate match nor could I get anyone to answer questions about a Texas delivery. Hence I went with FPCU. Poor customer service was not worth it to me.

I applied and was approved with Lightstream but could not get them to rate match nor could I get anyone to answer questions about a Texas delivery. Hence I went with FPCU. Poor customer service was not worth it to me.
Weird, I had zero problems. They were very responsive to my emails. The way mine worked was they just wired the money to me directly and from there I could either wire it to Tesla or take them a cashiers check. Not familiar with the issues with delivery in Texas so not clear why that would matter at all. I had a harder time getting answers out of FPCU actually, which is why I took their offer and used it for the Lightstream rate beat. Would've preferred a credit union.

Weird, I had zero problems. They were very responsive to my emails. The way mine worked was they just wired the money to me directly and from there I could either wire it to Tesla or take them a cashiers check. Not familiar with the issues with delivery in Texas so not clear why that would matter at all. I had a harder time getting answers out of FPCU actually, which is why I took their offer and used it for the Lightstream rate beat. Would've preferred a credit union.

I'm from Louisiana and we can't take delivery in the state so I have to ship it to Texas but due to a law there the car has to be paid for before it can leave Fremont.

FPCU answered my questions within the hour and had me a check shipped via FedEx to Tesla within 30 minutes of the call setting my delivery date.

Lightstream would have been nice but they wanted a formal letter drafted stating I was approved with the terms and kept ignoring my other questions. I'm sure it all comes down to which CSR you end up with.

Lightstream would have been nice but they wanted a formal letter drafted stating I was approved with the terms and kept ignoring my other questions. I'm sure it all comes down to which CSR you end up with.

Yeah, this part was confusing as FPCU didn't provide a formal letter. Another user on this thread had gone through the same thing and had PDF'd his emails from FPCU and sent those along. So I used that idea and made sure that my email thread with FPCU got an explicit statement that they had approved me at 2.24% APR for the term I wanted. Once I had that, I just PDF'd the email thread and emailed it over to Lightstream. They accepted it without an issue. Not the easiest path though.

I haven't found anything local, but I have had multiple auto loans with DCU. I am going to talk to them today about my Model 3 - pretty sure they will be able to do 1.99% (2.74% list - 0.25% EV - 0.5% for having direct deposit into their checking account) for 65 mos
Never mind - just spoke with them and the 2.74% is including the 0.5% reduction. So best rate for them is 2.49%. Sorry for the misinformation!

Thank you. That is what I tried and they declined and wanted a full approval :-(.
Weird. From what ryanakata said, perhaps it has to do with what rep you get.

Without knowing the exact details of your email conversations and what info was sent, I'd just suggest that you make sure your email thread with the other lender includes you asking about a pre-approval letter and has their response that this is the only pre-approval they provide.

In the west coast I would suggest Logix.

My APR is 1.49% on a $36,000, 36 month loan with no early payment penalty.

The proposed APR is 2.49 percent, but with auto-payment enabled and linked to my bank account they will drop the APR by one percent.

FYI FPCU rates are going up a full percent starting this Friday 6/1. New lowest rate will be 3.24%, still with all the 15% down and max 60 months for EVs rules. Luckily Tesla decided to send me my MVPA today (delivery 6/5) and my loan advisor Erik assured me he can get the loan processed today so I get 2.24% fixed rate.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
FYI FPCU rates are going up a full percent starting this Friday 6/1. New lowest rate will be 3.24%, still with all the 15% down and max 60 months for EVs rules. Luckily Tesla decided to send me my MVPA today (delivery 6/5) and my loan advisor Erik assured me he can get the loan processed today so I get 2.24% fixed rate.

I just finalized my loan yesterday at the 2.24% and took delivery today. Just in the nick of time it appears!! I had a good experience with them, very responsive and helpful customer service from start to finish.