Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets talk mud flaps, spot welded nuts and loose bolts (also why every Model Y owner needs mud flaps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain how your product is different/better than the numerous versions on Amazon (and vendors like RPM Tesla or Abstract Ocean)? The design looks almost identical. Thanks.
I am currently having a big issue with the fit for their rear flaps - clips don't fit and the cut out for the bolt is not appropriate so the bolt with its washer cannot be screwed back in.. still waiting to hear from them but until that time, I'd stay away..

• Informative
Reactions: ucsdsig
I am currently having a big issue with the fit for their rear flaps - clips don't fit and the cut out for the bolt is not appropriate so the bolt with its washer cannot be screwed back in.. still waiting to hear from them but until that time, I'd stay away..

Yikes, sorry to hear that. The A-Premium flaps have been holding up well and have done a good job keeping the side of the car clean. Granted, the weather in So. Cal. isn't too harsh.

Hi,
You could’ve been sent a defective set. Please let me know your order number and will send you a free full replacement sent right away!

Drivers side rear bolt below the bumper came out fine and install went fine for my basenor mud flaps. The passenger side bolt just spun and wouldnt come out. Had a tesla mobile service person come out and he was able to remove the bolt and nut but said I would need a whole lower bumper replaced and I have an appt with the service center next week. Hope to get it taken care of and put on the 4th mud flap.

Drivers side rear bolt below the bumper came out fine and install went fine for my basenor mud flaps. The passenger side bolt just spun and wouldnt come out. Had a tesla mobile service person come out and he was able to remove the bolt and nut but said I would need a whole lower bumper replaced and I have an appt with the service center next week. Hope to get it taken care of and put on the 4th mud flap.
yikes. thought you could just replace the bolt with a pin type deal if that happened.

warranty? no charge replacement?
The mobile service was no charge but he had to schedule a followup for me to bring it to a service center. I believe it will be no charge since it wasnt put together correctly. Not sure if the nut needs to be welded on but the tech said i would need a whole new lower bumper piece. I will let you know once its completed.

The mobile service was no charge but he had to schedule a followup for me to bring it to a service center. I believe it will be no charge since it wasnt put together correctly. Not sure if the nut needs to be welded on but the tech said i would need a whole new lower bumper piece. I will let you know once its completed.
please do keep us posted. good luck.

I added the Nansure mudflaps to my MY. Was satisfied and one of the better priced ones on Amazon. I did manage to strip one of the screws, and had a harder time doing the rears because I didn't have a screwdriver short enough, but I was able to tighten it enough by hand.

Reactions: Hobbsave
I added the Nansure mudflaps to my MY. Was satisfied and one of the better priced ones on Amazon. I did manage to strip one of the screws, and had a harder time doing the rears because I didn't have a screwdriver short enough, but I was able to tighten it enough by hand.
I installed the Nansure version from Amazon also. Used spray lubricant to remove the rear bolt slowly and carefully and had no issues luckily. Looks good to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-183650_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-183650_Photos.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 301
anything new?
My service appointment was pushed out to next friday. I will update you guys then.

These are the pictures of the bolt that was not coming out and the after picture showing the "nut" that the bolt goes into, but its cylindrical so it just spun with the bolt.

Also notice the 2nd hole without anything in there. It was the same on the other side. Is everyones like that?

20211021_191722.jpg

20211112_084248.jpg

Reactions: Hobbsave
My service appointment was pushed out to next friday. I will update you guys then.

These are the pictures of the bolt that was not coming out and the after picture showing the "nut" that the bolt goes into, but its cylindrical so it just spun with the bolt.

Also notice the 2nd hole without anything in there. It was the same on the other side. Is everyones like that?

View attachment 732320

View attachment 732321
was it easy to access the inside of the bumper to secure the "nut" so you could unscrew the bolt?

was it easy to access the inside of the bumper to secure the "nut" so you could unscrew the bolt?
Yes. Just pull the lower plastic piece a bit and grab the nut with a pair of needle nose pliers. Technically I didnt do it and let the service guy do it, but i was there watching and thats what he did. once he pulled it out he said it shouldnt have been spinning like that and it would most likely need a new lower bumper piece. Strange thing is that the serivce guy said it would need to go to a service center to get the issue fixed. But when he scheduled it and my appt was pushed out, it says mobile service. Will wait and see.

Reactions: plibby1985

View attachment 732320

View attachment 732321
20211031_101338.jpg
Sure was missing for me also. I pushed one of those pins from the mudflaps in it.

Reactions: optx002