Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's Try This Again...CPO Delivery This Weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a less than awesome experience with my CPO from last weekend, I am scheduled to pick up a different CPO this weekend:

2015 p85d, dark blue metallic, LTE upgrade, 40k miles, all options minus the carbon fiber spoiler and rear facing seats.

This one, however, looks to be in MUCH better shape even with more miles. Just a few small chips.

I even got one of the advisers to send me a video of the vehicle. Much better experience this time, so I hope the delivery goes as well.

Did you find through CPO site or already working with someone? Do they feel your pain of trying to find a good car?
I kind of hounded them...I found a car I liked more than the original one and asked for a boatload of info up front. Pics, video, etc. The car has very few items to be touched up (like a little scuff on the back bumper). Then I just watched the car to see if it would drop below the price I wanted to pay...which it did.

The bonus was noticed later on when I saw the LTE upgrade. I was a bit worried about the 39k miles, but frankly, I think that gives me a better chance to have parts replaced under the 4yr/50k warranty vs. a car that has 20k miles...but that might be my wishful thinking.

I have a friend who drives P85DL and he loves it till today. I rode it once and it is a really fast vehicle. You won't regret it.

Does it come with Ludicrous mode? I am assuming yes based on your description.

Keep us updated with the transaction.

I kind of hounded them...I found a car I liked more than the original one and asked for a boatload of info up front. Pics, video, etc. The car has very few items to be touched up (like a little scuff on the back bumper). Then I just watched the car to see if it would drop below the price I wanted to pay...which it did.

The bonus was noticed later on when I saw the LTE upgrade. I was a bit worried about the 39k miles, but frankly, I think that gives me a better chance to have parts replaced under the 4yr/50k warranty vs. a car that has 20k miles...but that might be my wishful thinking.

FYI, the CPO warranty comes with a new 4 year 50k from the time you purchase and not from the original mileage

Reactions: P85_DA
Congrats and hope it goes well. I'm also picking up a CPO P85D on Tuesday and it looked good in all the pictures so I'm hopeful it is nice as it kept dropping and I finally snagged it on Friday morning. 45k miles so I'll be right up there with you over 90k when CPO warranty expires. Keep us updated on condition

Reactions: P85_DA
Annnnnnddddd here she is

Attachments

• 87EB79DA-8600-43D3-92CE-784334E9FA96.jpeg
    87EB79DA-8600-43D3-92CE-784334E9FA96.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 105
Day one of ownership is in the books. Here are a few of my observations with my cpo.

- they really did a nice job of cleaning it up, there is even some attempt to reduce the curb rash on the wheels
- my umc is a first gen, but doesn’t auto open the charge port. This might be user error
- I think my car has been ceramic coated. I found some sales documentation, along with the original window sticker, and a half a tin of Altoids in the glove box
- I have a goofy home address and I can’t enter it in on the navigation, yet the app correctly shows the address
- the delivery team said my car was a “bit of a unicorn”in that it was not common to have a nose cone model in deep metallic blue. That might be fake news
- it came with a weather tech mat for the frunk, but normal mats elsewhere
-the touch screen has a very slight flicker, and a small “cut”. I don’t know if the screen can actually be cut or if this is a screen protector.

Most importantly, it is a freaking blast to drive.

@WISluggo try aiming the UMC handle slightly above the charge port ..the sensor is near the top part of charge port close to rear window ...there is a thread somewhere here on forum on how to report updates to Tesla for the Nav (
[email protected])
blue is definitely a unique color but as P85Ds go the rare ones are the green and brown ..beautiful color nonetheless ...that’s good if has ceramic just need to get a maintenance coat to keep it good for few years ..not sure understand screen issue ..maybe post pic ?

• Disagree
Reactions: Numonefan
@WISluggo try aiming the UMC handle slightly above the charge port ..the sensor is near the top part of charge port close to rear window ...there is a thread somewhere here on forum on how to report updates to Tesla for the Nav (
[email protected])
blue is definitely a unique color but as P85Ds go the rare ones are the green and brown ..beautiful color nonetheless ...that’s good if has ceramic just need to get a maintenance coat to keep it good for few years ..not sure understand screen issue ..maybe post pic ?
Thanks, I will try an capture it later when I am home. It was awesome driving to work today.

Reactions: Don TLR and P85_DA