Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's try to figure out the Tesla Software rollout process!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BigD0g

Jan 12, 2017
Somewhere
I think it would be fun / interesting and maybe useful to try to figure out the rhyme or reason for software updates and the process for rollouts.
In order to do this, we / I need to collect some data, that we can then analyze to try to come up with any patterns such as geolocation, model etc.
If you'd like to help out with this, i'd like ask for the following information to be posted in the spreed sheet provided.

Once, we have some data i'll work on integrating the data with google maps and analyzing it to see if we can figure out how software releases
are done.

Tesla Firmwre Release Tracker

Data Needed:
Model Version: ( S, X, 3 - Legacy, AP1, AP2)
Location (Rough is fine, say City, State, Country)
Firmware Version
Update Type ( Wifi, OTA, SC, Ranger)
Date / Time received

Comment's questions always welcome!

It most certainly is not, I'm not sure why you would think that. The entire dataset is available for download which several people do frequently.

I think he was referring to the dataset collected on TeslaFi.

I think OP would be better off just analyzing your dataset on ev-fw.com rather than trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Besides you have quite a lot of history gathered, whereas a new data collection effort would be starting from scratch (and zero users).

Bruce.

Reactions: BigD0g
I think it would be fun / interesting and maybe useful to try to figure out the rhyme or reason for software updates and the process for rollouts.

Oh, and a message for the OP: There is none. :)

We've been at this for two years already, and as you can see by the existing data set over six major firmware release cycles, there really is no overriding logical method for firmware releases. There were some minor recent patterns, like alternating weeks for AP1 vs AP2, but I'm not sure that even holds anymore. But if you can find anything hidden, please let us know.

Lol!! On the testing and I never saw the enhanced databases from ev-few, so apologies for the duplicate effort, I'll start crunching and who knows if anything will come of it, just some fun.

Oh and another note, I start this tracker and suddenly last night I get the latest firmware, lol!!