Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Letter To Elon Musk Regarding P85D Horsepower – Signature Thread Only, Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed....

P85D owner AND Former P85 owner that switched and went for the Performance of the P85D while the 85D was advertised 1 sec SLOWER that my old P85… just to find out that that got fixed for free!
At least for the upgrade of the 85D I have a strong feeling that the advertised 2 second gap was marketing... but I will never be able to prove that. For the lack of power in the higher speed area's there was word of a possible fix...
Only to find out that that fix was Ludicrous(ly priced)

I would like to add:

If they would have disclosed the info that 85D would be as fast as the P85 but with AWD and the P85D would not be faster above 100 kph (60MPH) than I would NEVER have spend the extra money on the P85D.
I would welcome it if they would credit me the 20K+ Euro's and give me a software downgrade to current specs of 85D OR fix my P85D for free...
IF (I used to say when...) my next car will be model X, I will never ever go for the top model again.

Thanks for the initiative!

Hereby signing the letter as well!

Bo Skeel, Denmark
P85D VIN: xxxxxxxxxFF091912

I have two really important points to make, which is why I am violating my own request to keep this thread to signatures only.

The first is a reminder to please keep this thread to just signatures, and statements that you have signed if you have signed via email or PM. The thread to discuss things is here:

Letter To Elon Musk Regarding P85D Horsepower – Discussion Thread

(To be fair, as I said in the opening post, if someone wants to post, "I'm not signing" here, that's fine too, but the reasons why should be in the other thread.)

The other reminder is directly related to the post I quoted. I need four pieces of information for a signature to be complete, which is why I said I could take them via PM or email, in case people don't want to post that information publicly. For those that don't want to post it publicly, to demonstrate support, the simple, "I signed" message here is great.

The four pieces of information I need, as stated in the opening post, are real name, email address, VIN# (just the last six digits), and which of the groups (P85D Owner, Other Tesla Owner, Investor, but not a Tesla Owner, Tesla Supporter) you fall into.

I don't have any way to get an email address from a post here, or from a PM that doesn't include one. (I can of course get one from an email sent to me.)

So Skeel--you actually haven't signed yet, as I do need an e-mail address. If you don't want to post it here, please feel free to email it or PM me.

But this is very possibly an issue for others as well.

Many of you are posting that you have signed, or are signing, and while I could try to go through and confirm that I actually have signatures for anyone who says that and includes a VIN number too, I'd rather not have to do that. Also some people are saying that without including a VIN#. I can't match up usernames to email messages I'm receiving.

If you think you have signed, but did not actually PM me or email me, and if you have not received a response from me, then I do not have your information added to the letter yet.

There actually isn't anyone who has signed via post to this thread yet. Every complete signature has come via email or PM.

I'm not trying to waste everyone's time reading this, as almost all of you have done everything correctly. I just don't want to miss anyone who believes they have signed.

Thanks!