Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Letter To Elon Musk Regarding P85D Horsepower – Signature Thread Only, Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to post to let everyone know I'll be sending the letter via Fed Ex tomorrow, Thursday, August 27, so that it reaches Elon Musk's office on Friday morning, August 28. If you haven't yet signed, and still want to, you have roughly 24 hours left to do so.

Thanks!

Thanks, Andy!!

You're welcome!

The letter has been sent via Fed Ex, for delivery tomorrow morning, by 10:30 AM.

There were a total of 71 signers, made up mostly of P85D owners. We did have support from about ten other Tesla car owners, investors who do not own cars, and Tesla supporters.

As a group, we actually own a substantial amount of stock. After polling those signing, I wound up including the following line, along with the signatures:

"The signers of this letter together hold at least 13,523 shares of Tesla stock (self-reported.)"

I believe that is significant, as it demonstrates that we really are interested in Tesla's well-being, and not just our own.

Thanks again to everyone who signed, for everyone's support, and especially to wk057 and sorka for both their help with the letter, and their insightful posts that have helped so many of us understand the issue.

You're welcome!

The letter has been sent via Fed Ex, for delivery tomorrow morning, by 10:30 AM.

There were a total of 71 signers, made up mostly of P85D owners. We did have support from about ten other Tesla car owners, investors who do not own cars, and Tesla supporters.

As a group, we actually own a substantial amount of stock. After polling those signing, I wound up including the following line, along with the signatures:

"The signers of this letter together hold at least 13,523 shares of Tesla stock (self-reported.)"

I believe that is significant, as it demonstrates that we really are interested in Tesla's well-being, and not just our own.

Thanks again to everyone who signed, for everyone's support, and especially to wk057 and sorka for both their help with the letter, and their insightful posts that have helped so many of us understand the issue.

190.5 shares per signee is ok, but not earth shattering. About 47,235 dollars investment per signee for a 100,000 plus vehicle or a total of 3.3 million. Not bad either. Thanks for your work

190.5 shares per signee is ok, but not earth shattering. About 47,235 dollars investment per signee for a 100,000 plus vehicle or a total of 3.3 million. Not bad either. Thanks for your work

Thanks!

Also, the shares held figure is almost certainly low. I didn't set up any sort of anonymized way for signers to report the number of shares they held. They simply had to trust me. I have to think some people simply chose not to report their holdings, which is absolutely fine. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in reality the number of shares held was two or three times the number claimed in the letter.

Also, the shares held figure is almost certainly low. I didn't set up any sort of anonymized way for signers to report the number of shares they held. They simply had to trust me. I have to think some people simply chose not to report their holdings, which is absolutely fine. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in reality the number of shares held was two or three times the number claimed in the letter.

This. I was one of those who chose not to report. I felt that talking about equity would take away from the car ownership aspect but, also felt that it was Andy's call.

This. I was one of those who chose not to report. I felt that talking about equity would take away from the car ownership aspect but, also felt that it was Andy's call.

Thanks!

And just to elaborate a little more on what my thinking was, I saw so many people signing as P85D owners, or as other Tesla owners, and adding that they were also investors, that I thought somehow we should relay that information to Mr. Musk. One of the most common criticisms of the letter was that we were just trying to get the Ludicrous upgrade for free. I was hoping (and hope) that by demonstrating that we are also investors in Tesla, it's clear that's not the case, and that we really are concerned with Tesla's long-term success.

Thanks!

And just to elaborate a little more on what my thinking was, I saw so many people signing as P85D owners, or as other Tesla owners, and adding that they were also investors, that I thought somehow we should relay that information to Mr. Musk. One of the most common criticisms of the letter was that we were just trying to get the Ludicrous upgrade for free. I was hoping (and hope) that by demonstrating that we are also investors in Tesla, it's clear that's not the case, and that we really are concerned with Tesla's long-term success.

Yes indeed