Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

level 2 comes up short

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's going to be interesting to see whether 70A-80A J1772 starts spreading (as it has in Canada and the West Coast) or whether SuperChargers overtake them. I only bought a single charger in my MS, so you can tell which way I think that question is going to resolve.

Meanwhile I'm using 70A/80A infrastructure on a regular basis. Sure, I'm really looking forward to Superchargers... but the J1772 infrastructure actually exists.

Superchargers for on-the-go recharging as quickly as possible during road trips. Other than that, L2 charging at home, hotels, malls, and such works beautifully because I'm there for several hours. I think the L2 charging infrastructure needs to evolve so that most/all chargers are able to deliver 70-80A, and then we'll be very happy campers. But I was entirely able to spend nearly a week in Orlando while using only a single 24A Chargepoint station. More is better, and later we'll need better, but 30A and up is just fine for now.

So I don't think there's a problem, but I do feel we need to think ahead.