Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Level 5 dreams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the impending implementation of level 5 what cool features or uses would you like to see.

For me I want the car to talk like Alfred so I can say "Alfred, how's traffic on the 405" and Alfred will respond "it's bumper to bumper, might I suggest we take an alternate route" and I'll say "yes please" to which it will take control and drive me around traffic.

What would you like to see tesla implement or add as a cool addition to self driving?

If it could cut and filter lanes like an F1 driver during self-drive mode in traffic jams (so that it could reach its destination faster), then I would be very happy. I don't want none of that "stay in your lane and get to your destination eventually" crap. I figured active lane-changing could easily cut your commute time by half.

It would be cool if the AI could be trained to save lives, e.g if the car was on route without a driver to pick up a ride share and notices a drunk driver and takes action to save the victims.

That brings up a good question, does the AI respect the 3 laws?