Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Level three charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 3 LR AWD
Besides Tesla superchargers is there anyway to do a level three charge on this car without an adapter? Going to Sequoia National Park next month and the required Tesla charger is a 30 mile round trip out of the way both going and coming. I checked Plug Share and EVgo with no luck.

Now that people can buy a CCS1 adapter from Korea, it's questionable other non-Tesla stations will be motivated to adopt Tesla plugs.
It was very rare to have one with a Tesla plug anyways and they relied on a Chademo to Tesla adapter so they were slow and limited to 50kW. With Chademo also going away we probably won’t see any new stations with Tesla plugs being installed.

Reactions: Rocky_H
2021 3 LR AWD
Besides Tesla superchargers is there anyway to do a level three charge on this car without an adapter? Going to Sequoia National Park next month and the required Tesla charger is a 30 mile round trip out of the way both going and coming. I checked Plug Share and EVgo with no luck.

In North America an adapter is required.

"30 mile round trip out of the way both going and coming" -- this doesn't make sense. Are you saying it's 30 miles for the entire trip, or 30 miles one way?

A level two charger in the park would be preferred. Charging the vehicle overnight at your accommodations would be best scenario. But according to PlugShare there doesn't seem to be much for options. Where are you staying?

In North America an adapter is required.

"30 mile round trip out of the way both going and coming" -- this doesn't make sense. Are you saying it's 30 miles for the entire trip, or 30 miles one way?

A level two charger in the park would be preferred. Charging the vehicle overnight at your accommodations would be best scenario. But according to PlugShare there doesn't seem to be much for options. Where are you staying?
Wuksachi Lodge. Yo destination chargers available. Nearest Tesla supercharger is 15 miles north of Visalia. I will have to visit on the way up and also on the return trip.

Update: Changed settings in ABRP with much better results. Just need to visit the Traver supercharger once on the way up.

Last edited:
...destination chargers...

If you stay overnight, there are 2 destination chargers near the outside of the park:

Gateway Restaurant & Lodge
45978 Sierra Dr Three Rivers, CA 93271
(559) 561-4133

Last edited:
2021 3 LR AWD
There really is no "Level III" charging. Level I and II are AC charging. What you might be referring to is DC Fast Charging (includes Tesla Supercharging). I think some EVgo stations do have Tesla Supercharger connectors. EVgo suggests using PlugShare to find Tesla compatible DC Fast Charging stations in its network.

EVgo Tesla

Reactions: cwerdna
Reactions: doc5339 and E90alex