Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Levon Elon, The Rocketman gets his remix....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First. This is the right thing. And it is the right time. But I ain't the right person. I'd like to help any way I can. Maybe you can to in some small way...

I laid in bed two days ago. Levon was coming over the sound system. I was thinking about Elon... Not ElTon (which is "Elon with the "T"esla logo in the middle) John.
Levon started becoming Elon... The Song is Elon....

Here read the lyrics.

"
Levon wears his war wound like a crown
He calls his child Jesus
'Cause he likes the name
And he sends him to the finest school in town
Levon, Levon likes his money
He makes a lot, they say
Spends his days counting
In a garage by the motorway
He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas Day
When the New York Times said, "God is dead
And the war's begun"
Oh, Alvin Tostig has a son today
And he shall be Levon
And he shall be a good man
And he shall be Levon
In tradition with the family plan
And he shall be Levon
He shall be Levon
Levon sells cartoon balloons in town
His family business thrives
Jesus blows up balloons all day
Sits on the porch swing watching them fly
And Jesus, he wants to go to Venus
Leave Levon far behind
Take a balloon and go sailing
While Levon, Levon slowly dies
He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas Day
When the New York Times said, "God is dead
And the war's begun"
Oh, Alvin Tostig has a son today
And he shall be Levon
And he shall be Levon
In tradition with the family plan, woo
And he shall be Levon
He shall be Levon
And he shall be Levon
And he shall be Levon
In tradition with the family plan, woo
And he shall be Levon
He shall be Levon"

Now tell me how much of that is Elon?

The Soul is Elon's.
"He shall be a good man"
"In a tradition with a Family Plan"

The Son is Elon's.
"He called his child X Æ A-12 cuz he likes the name.
And he sends him to the finest school in town
And X Æ A-12 wants to go to Venus
(No scratch that his kid wants to go to Mars)
Take a starship and go sailing
While Elon Slowly dies
(on Earth)

Those are just a couple of the low hanging fruit about how the song is, or could, become about Elon.

I don't know Elton John. But I think he is a cool enough dude where he might like to see the song changed. He might see Elon's vision, and if not share it, at least appreciate it to the degree he'd help or give his blessing. Does someone know how we can get ElTon's attention?

I've enjoyed this version of Benny and the Jets more than the original,
. Maybe because it sounds more real to me. And an EDM vibe to the song Levon/Elon would be something Elon would dance to. I can imagine how much it'd play with his mind! The Music would need just a nudge to match the barely altered lyrics. Come on ElTon help us out!

I have no clue whether the guy (Bernie Taupin) that wrote the lyrics would help with a redo. But if he has an environmental conscience he might be inclined.... I mean it wouldn't be much of a redo... It's there already. The Cartoon balloons could be starships... And Elon is a good man. Even Elon's Momma could get a nod by changing the line about who Levon's Father was to read "Maye Haldeman had a son today..."

So? Yeah Maybe Elton doesn't have the energy or willingness to do it..
But do you? could you help? Do you have skills? Do you know someone that does. Or do you know Someone that knows some one that knows Bernie Taupin?
Maybe a group of us can get it done.
I only want to do it because I like Elon, I think the song fits him, and I like ElTon, and I think ElTon might be crazy enough to help somehow. I've never even sung in a church choir. I have an aversion to being "musical."
But come on, if not you, do you know someone that might like this idea? A few different talents and we have a song?
(No I have no desire to think in terms of some physical reward. I just keep playing this song in my head and twisting it with Elon. I think many others would appreciate it.)

How about helping..even just a little bit... spread the word if you will. Share the idea...