Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lexani LX-Twenty Budget Amazon Tires Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just replaced the tires on my 2015 Model S with these super cheap Lexani tires. I had never heard of Lexani and couldn't find much information on them but decided to take the plunge anyway. I ordered them from Amazon with free prime shipping and one of their options was to ship to a Sears for install for an extra $15/tire. When you make the order you get to pick your appointment date and time at Sears.

The tires arrived about 5 days later at Sears and they were ready to install at the right appointment time. I gave the tech a set of TeslaPucks for their lift and he was able to use them no problem. They also torqued them to the right specs. Installation took about 4 hours.

Tires ride well and look good. I don't have much to compare them to except my old Michelins that were on before but they seem quiet with good traction and grip. Total price was $385 for four tires, shipping, and installation.

Check them out if you are looking for budget tires:
https://amzn.to/37qqHFg

I'm on my second set of Lexani tires and they have performed perfectly fine for me. I have a lowered P85D on 21" staggered setup and have done around 23k miles on them with no issues at all. Decided to go the cheap route since my camber is so bad, I go through rears at around 11k and I have been happy.

How's the noise level compared to your previous tires?

OP when you voted with your wallet and joined the EV revolution in the MS specifically, you did not look only at progress but also to a very durable high accident survival rate vehicle as you love life and your family. Get JP, Italy, or Germany made tires from manufacturers of repute, your life depends on them.

OP when you voted with your wallet and joined the EV revolution in the MS specifically, you did not look only at progress but also to a very durable high accident survival rate vehicle as you love life and your family. Get JP, Italy, or Germany made tires from manufacturers of repute, your life depends on them.

In general, I agree that tires aren't something to cheap out on - but to be honest, it seems like lots of folks are having positive results with Lexani tires (particularly the LX-Twenty) on bigger, heavier vehicles like ours. Most reviews mention that the Lexani's are just as quiet as Michelins, have good life and performance, and I don't see any reviews of cord failure or blowout.

Lexani is manufactured by Nexen Tire America inc. They are DOT safe, and their parent company is headquartered in California.

There are a ton of cheap, questionable brands out there - but Lexani actually seems to be good quality for a very reasonable price. Especially when you're looking at 1/5th the cost of Pirelli.

Last edited:
Reactions: X-pilot
A statement like this is absurd. What grounds do you have to explain that these tires are any less safe than the big brands? If you're trying to make a statement or explain a point please state some evidence or facts to support your exacerbative claim that we are putting our children's lives at risk if we buy these tires. I don't even own these tires but the unsupported claims that they are unsafe kind of bugs me. Show us some proof!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and X-pilot
I haven't used these tires on my MS, but I once tried them on my previous car (Volvo S60). They rode a bit louder than the Michelins I replaced them with but I decided never to purchase them again the first time I had to panic stop with them. They took noticeably longer to stop than the Michelins and the ABS was working overtime to prevent them from locking up. Anecdotal of course, but they didn't inspire confidence at all. I personally would not trust them on my much heavier MS.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
I haven't used these tires on my MS, but I once tried them on my previous car (Volvo S60). They rode a bit louder than the Michelins I replaced them with but I decided never to purchase them again the first time I had to panic stop with them. They took noticeably longer to stop than the Michelins and the ABS was working overtime to prevent them from locking up. Anecdotal of course, but they didn't inspire confidence at all. I personally would not trust them on my much heavier MS.
Real world review not based on price. Thank you.

Quick update - I have these tires (Lexani LX-Twenty) on my S right now. I got them as a cheap alternative to the Pirelli P-Zero Nero GT I was using before.

I haven't put more than 100 miles on them yet for work-from-home reasons, but here are some initial thoughts. More details when they wear out.

1) The compound is VERY soft. I'm actually a bit concerned their lifespan will be fairly short, they're so soft.
2) I have some issues with balance/shimmies that I didn't have with my Pirelli's. Nothing major at cruising speed, but above 90 mph it gets kinda alarming. Tires were Hunter Road Force balanced.
3) The tires do ride well, and are comfortable even on my 22" wheels.
4) The tires are louder than my previous Pirelli's. You do get some "wah-wah-wah-wah" noise at highway speeds.

Initially, I don't plan to buy them again because shimmies and noises drive me nuts and it's worth the extra money to avoid that. But if you're not super anal and just want a decent tire that's cheap, I don't see these being a problem.

For another cheap alternative, Achilles ATR sport 2 are pretty good. I got 4 for $360 shipped and have been running them on my arachnids for 3500 miles with no issues. Performance and handling is hardly worse than then the pilot supersports I replaced them with, and I drive my car extremely hard. Can’t recommend them highly enough for that price.

Reading this thread considering the:
Lexani LX-TWENTY All- Season Radial Tire-245/45R19 XL 102Y

On Amazon for 88 bucks a tire, of all the cheap brands has anyone tried a bunch out and has a recommendation on a good tire @ $100 or less a tire (For the 2015 Tesla Model S 90D)? I don't drive in snow or winter weather ever, live in SC so all I get are bumps and potholes I have to dodge. I just want a tire that will not fall apart when I take off on green lights basically and will be fine for going up to 90 miles an hour in the interstate at times.

Reading this thread considering the:
Lexani LX-TWENTY All- Season Radial Tire-245/45R19 XL 102Y

On Amazon for 88 bucks a tire, of all the cheap brands has anyone tried a bunch out and has a recommendation on a good tire @ $100 or less a tire (For the 2015 Tesla Model S 90D)? I don't drive in snow or winter weather ever, live in SC so all I get are bumps and potholes I have to dodge. I just want a tire that will not fall apart when I take off on green lights basically and will be fine for going up to 90 miles an hour in the interstate at times.

I’ve been running achilles atr sport 2 for about 10k on my arachnids, and I don’t think you can beat them. Dry handling is great, the compound is nice and soft. They’re all season too. (haven't tested in the snow, but wet grip is awesome). Tread life is probably 10-15k, but I drive like a maniac so its not bad. Lead foot at every stoplight and over 100mph regularly.

If you want the best deal I have ever seen for 21” tires, check these out: Achilles ATR Sport 2 235/35R21 89W BSW Tires

These are slightly narrower than oem so you lose a little rim protection, but well within spec for the wheel. They also have the oem 245 width also but not on sale.

I’ve been running achilles atr sport 2 for about 10k on my arachnids, and I don’t think you can beat them. Dry handling is great, the compound is nice and soft. They’re all season too. (haven't tested in the snow, but wet grip is awesome). Tread life is probably 10-15k, but I drive like a maniac so its not bad. Lead foot at every stoplight and over 100mph regularly.

I was looking at those too, they are even cheaper at $75 dollars on Amazon. Some of the reviews said during winter months on a cold road they suck though(being in SC I don't get much snow/ice though just some nights/days of high 20 degrees is about the lows we usually see). Yeah not in the market for 21's but may pick up some 19's that giga-tires seems like a neat place to grab tires for good deals, also just to research brands and sizes you are interested in, never heard of em thanks for the link, super helpful!

So yeah now I am stuck between Lexani or the Achilles. Lexani has 9.8 tread depth vs the 7.6 of Achilles. So for the extra $12-13 bucks it may be worth getting those. Would probably go with the tires built to last longer but its hard to know which one likely would. I suppose Lexani for its increased tread depth should last longer but if its a softer tire then it will wear out much quicker. Do the Achilles ride fairly quiet?

Yeah they ride very quiet. There probably isn’t a huge difference between those two tires, it would probably come down to wherever you find the best deal. Either way, it’s hard to imagine ever paying 1-2k a set for big brands when you can get 90% of the performance for 1/5 the cost.

Reactions: jeremy0916
Yeah they ride very quiet. There probably isn’t a huge difference between those two tires, it would probably come down to wherever you find the best deal. Either way, it’s hard to imagine ever paying 1-2k a set for big brands when you can get 90% of the performance for 1/5 the cost.

Agree 100% here, I get so tired of people telling me how buying these off brand cheap priced tires means I am gonna get a blowout and they are going to drive terribly. I think Michelin and the big boy brands have just instilled into folks that $360+ is the sweet spot for good tires. My father found it pretty hilarious that I was going cheap on tires after spending $40k on a used Tesla heh. I guess I go cheap when I see no value in being extravagant on cash spending.