Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lexington KY tire service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you trust your new model Y to just anyone ? A tesla must be lifted in a certain way as to not damage the undercarriage, or more importantly the battery pack. The ground clearance on a model S is only 4", thus not allowing it to be put up on a normal hydraulic lift.

Would you trust your new model Y to just anyone ? A tesla must be lifted in a certain way as to not damage the undercarriage, or more importantly the battery pack. The ground clearance on a model S is only 4", thus not allowing it to be put up on a normal hydraulic lift.

I have taken my 2013 Model S to discount tire for the last 5 years. They always use a jack to lift the car one side at a time and I have never had any problems.
If you are worried then print out where the car must be lifted and tell them you would like to show them when the jack the car up.
Don't need to take it to Tesla.
I have separate wheels and tires for winter and I put them on myself. No issues

I have taken my 2013 Model S to discount tire for the last 5 years. They always use a jack to lift the car one side at a time and I have never had any problems.
If you are worried then print out where the car must be lifted and tell them you would like to show them when the jack the car up.
Don't need to take it to Tesla.
I have separate wheels and tires for winter and I put them on myself. No issues
Good afternoon and thanks so much for the reply. Where is the discount tire store you're speaking of ? We're staying in a condo in Hamburg Farms for the duration of our stay, probably thru late winter next year. Somewhat familiar with the area but not entirely. I'm managing a construction at the Smuckers JIF plant.

Good afternoon and thanks so much for the reply. Where is the discount tire store you're speaking of ? We're staying in a condo in Hamburg Farms for the duration of our stay, probably thru late winter next year. Somewhat familiar with the area but not entirely. I'm managing a construction at the Smuckers JIF plant.

Sorry VT I was just generally stating that I have gone to discount tire. I am not familiar with Lexington as I live in Columbus, OH. I can tell you that there is a discount tire on the east side of Louisville if that is where you want to go.
I think the best option for you is to pick a tire place either local to you or the one in Louisville and give them a call. Inquire how they handle Teslas and state your concern about damaging the battery. Maybe let them know that you would prefer they use a jack rather than a lift.

A lot of owners have had good luck with costco. There is on in Hamburg area. I have only used the SC in Indy though YYMV. Tesla foam fills the tires for sound deadening, at least on the S. Also might try posting in the SE forum. Ky is in the southeast.

Tesla's are no more special than many cars. I have owned Corvettes and they needed jacking pucks so if that's the "special" part of jacking a Tesla I would have no trouble taking my tesla to NTB, Goodyear, Firestone or any other national tire store. I bought my own pucks just in case.