TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lexus commercial slams electric car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mibaro2, Nov 14, 2014.

1. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

Has anyone seen the Lexus commercial that makes fun of electric cars? Apparently Lexus started to yank it within 24hrs because it was not received well at all. And the electric car is actually a hybrid (bmw i3 I think).
    I was able to find it here . Look at the comments after you watch it.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I mean, if you're disinterested, you ignore. Trying to discredit leads me to believe you're scared.

3. iadbound

iadbound Member

4. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

The poor folks at Toyo had to serve one to BMW, after all their chief designer died crashing
    a "supercar" into a BMW, the Germans inside refused to die though:

BREAKING: Toyotas chief test driver dies behind wheel of LFA in Germany - Autoblog

For all I care Lexi are rebadged Toyotas with bodywork and interior accoutrements.

We owned a brand new top of the line Sienna for 6mos before the brake pedal fell off
    following a brake light recall, I replaced 3 batteries and no one could tell me what was
    wrong, corporate treats the denizens like xxxx. Bluecollars are getting smarter though and
    vote Kia/Hyundai with their wallets of course.

5. M67v

M67v #1 Model S fan

A disgrace to Lexus's usually professional demeanor.