Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lexus fan considering a model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Although I owned an E-tron, I am back in a gas powered car for now (Lexus RCF) and am considering trading it in for a used LX570. Recently I started looking into getting a used MX in the same price range (70-80K) and would like your honest opinions about future values. If keeping the car for 5 years, do you think a car like the LX will still be in demand at that point, meaning, retain some of its value? It seems that website such as car edge and others predict that it will keep value quite well (almost as well as the X) but ignore the elephant in the room - the overall future of gas powered vehicles and their inevitable decline. Since all I can afford would probably be a 'lowly' 75D which has a limited battery, do you project that it would also suffer from serious depreciation due to range limitation and/or older battery technology? I would appreciate some feedback. Thank you in advance :)

I owned an E-tron, I am back in a gas powered car for now
Just curious the factors that lead to that switch. And what features/functionality you are wanting in the car for the next 5 years.

Used car value 5 years later is a crap shoot as far as I’m concerned. There are always the book values for used cars, but my experience is that there can be wide variation in actuals.

We spent much more than we really would have liked 5 years ago on a 100D rather than a 75D, and really glad we did because of the range. We use it as a travel car and 75D would not have been adequate, especially in the winter. 5 years in and still love the car. Can’t yet foresee what would cause me to trade it in.

I wouldn’t touch an older 75D with a 10 foot pole. Only advice I can offer is test drive one before you buy it.

Coming from a Lexus, it’s going to be a noisey rattle-box that you have to stop and charge every 150 miles.

Reactions: Xeux
Just curious the factors that lead to that switch. And what features/functionality you are wanting in the car for the next 5 years.

Used car value 5 years later is a crap shoot as far as I’m concerned. There are always the book values for used cars, but my experience is that there can be wide variation in actuals.

We spent much more than we really would have liked 5 years ago on a 100D rather than a 75D, and really glad we did because of the range. We use it as a travel car and 75D would not have been adequate, especially in the winter. 5 years in and still love the car. Can’t yet foresee what would cause me to trade it in.
Yea I would have to agree that it was worth the upgrade back then but today they are priced so high….

I wouldn’t touch an older 75D with a 10 foot pole. Only advice I can offer is test drive one before you buy it.

Coming from a Lexus, it’s going to be a noisey rattle-box that you have to stop and charge every 150 miles.
I am a rattle fanatic. I have 2 rattles in my 2019 rcf that drive me nuts. I can only imagine after reading the posts how bad it might be in an older MX. I am thinking it must sound like one of those older commercial jets taking off :)

Hi everyone,
Although I owned an E-tron, I am back in a gas powered car for now (Lexus RCF) and am considering trading it in for a used LX570. Recently I started looking into getting a used MX in the same price range (70-80K) and would like your honest opinions about future values. If keeping the car for 5 years, do you think a car like the LX will still be in demand at that point, meaning, retain some of its value? It seems that website such as car edge and others predict that it will keep value quite well (almost as well as the X) but ignore the elephant in the room - the overall future of gas powered vehicles and their inevitable decline. Since all I can afford would probably be a 'lowly' 75D which has a limited battery, do you project that it would also suffer from serious depreciation due to range limitation and/or older battery technology? I would appreciate some feedback. Thank you in advance :)
The X75 has serious range issues. Mine was a good for about 150 miles or so at realistic high speeds. If you go over 75 the range is even less.

I am a rattle fanatic. I have 2 rattles in my 2019 rcf that drive me nuts. I can only imagine after reading the posts how bad it might be in an older MX. I am thinking it must sound like one of those older commercial jets taking off :)
In my 2018 100D, the only rattle I had was occasionally from the passenger side visor. If it was not quite seated in the magnetic catch, it would rattle. Easy to fix though, just needed to be reseated. I had no other rattles or squeaks. But it was not a quiet car, road noise came up as you got above 50. By the time you reached 80, it was pretty loud. My 2022 is far quieter. Nice!

If you want to avoid squeaks and rattles, I would watch for a five seater. In the five seat, the second row is in a fixed position, therefore nothing to shake loose and be noisy. In the seven passenger, the second row moves fore and aft and (I am told) sometimes rattles.

The reason I sold the Etron was 20k equity. Plus it made my wife carsick. It's a good car overall although underpowered and handles like a boat.