TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lexus LS 600hL battery capacity

Discussion in 'Battery Discussion' started by siry, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. siry

siry Member

Anybody know the capacity of the NiMH pack used in the LS600hL?

Yes I know it is a silly car and a prime example of greenwash gone wild, but a colleague of mine is trying to track down this piece of data. I'd appreciate any help.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

If Siry can't find it then it must not be readily available.

Vagueness:
    LEXUS - LS600hL Hybrid Luxury Sedan
    This document describes some details (and similarities) of the Highlander pack:
    http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r4/iail/Iowa_Section_2007-09-18.pdf
    Aren't they still limited by the Chevron/Texaco/Ovonic/Cobasys patents so all of their vehicles will use small capacity packs? There is a size/weight/cost issue too, so it seems to me that they would wait for Li-Ion before doing any meaningful plug-in capability.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I just commented the other day that Elon said in a recent interview that none of the Famous got a free or discounted car.