Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP battery in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No delivery date yet. When the VIN was assigned I was thinking that the car is done, but now realizing that it only means that a VIN has been designated and there are instances of assigned VINs disappearing from peoples apps. Fingers crossed that won't happen and since I'm doing a pick up at the factory there won't be any transportation time so I'm hopeful the time from VIN to driving a car will be pretty short.
Yeah, I've heard of a few cases were VIN's vanished....but I think they were all cases of shipment damage, so shouldn't be a problem for you (I'm also close to the Fremont factory BTW). Hope it all goes smooth!

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Yeah, I've heard of a few cases were VIN's vanished....but I think they were all cases of shipment damage, so shouldn't be a problem for you (I'm also close to the Fremont factory BTW). Hope it all goes smooth!
Just to follow up on this. VIN was assigned on Friday Nov 5th. Saturday I got notification that the car could be scheduled for pick up. For some reason the pick up was changed from the Fremont factory to Colma. Got the car on Monday the 8th, and to keep it on topic this car does not have the LFP battery.

Reactions: TexaCali
Just to follow up on this. VIN was assigned on Friday Nov 5th. Saturday I got notification that the car could be scheduled for pick up. For some reason the pick up was changed from the Fremont factory to Colma. Got the car on Monday the 8th, and to keep it on topic this car does not have the LFP battery.
Just got mine today....2022 model. There is no daily/trip limit, just a single charge limit. GVWR is 4711, so I assume I have a LFP battery, but not sure.
A few more details on the 2022 model - I have heated steering wheel and heated rear seats....not that anyone ever rides in my rear seats or that I need those features in San Jose, but hey, I'll take it.

for people that have gotten their 2022 with areo caps are they a newer style that is darker? rumor has it that they are darker than even the 2021 ones.
Hard to tell, here's a post with a 2022 model 3 with aero wheels:

for people that have gotten their 2022 with areo caps are they a newer style that is darker? rumor has it that they are darker than even the 2021 ones.
I'm not that familiar with the older style....here is my 2022 with Aero wheels:
PXL_20211122_231705475 - Copy.jpg

So does this mean that any order placed when it was called SR+ but to be delivered from now on will be delivered as the RWD with LFP battery (and otherwise the same options as originally selected)?
Yes, I ordered a SR+ in early September and was told Jan delivery. In November I was told my car was ready and there was an electronic notice in my account page that I had to review and accept which stated the range and acceleration had changed (was 262 miles and 5.3 sec, now 272 miles and 5.8 sec). It didn't mention battery chemistry, Tesla never mentions that anyway. The car I received was a 2022 model LFP RWD. Unless they change things again, this is what you will get.