Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP battery in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got the second message in your order page? What does this mean?
FA1D9395-17DE-4F67-91D1-50A92D89EB69.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It means they are downgrading your vehicle from the time of your original order.
Minus the 0-60 time (I couldn't care less), all other features added by the time we ordered the car it's an upgrade.

• Can charge to 100% all day, all night (LFP battery)
  • Heated back seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Ryzen CPU (to be confirmed in my case)
  • Heated wiper (to be confirmed in my case)
  • 12v Lithium battery (to be confirmed in my case)
And no price increase.

Is there ANY information on HOT weather performance of the LFP battery? Anything? All searches for "hot" related to LFP battery seems to result in nothing but cold related information. I live in a desert! Car will be in a small, hot garage. Likely 120+ F at times. Will the heat from the A/C system cooling the battery make the garage significantly hotter? Will it still cool the battery adequately if not plugged in? Will I lose a lot of range driving around in 115+ F weather? Is LFP generally better or worse than NCA in the heat? Is it okay to charge to 100% all the time in the heat?

Every indication from Tesla and based on the chemistry of these batteries is that they do very well in the heat. You could almost say the hotter the better. Teslas like to pre-heat the battery before charging, for faster charge times, and a higher ambient temperature means less energy is expelled when doing so. LFP batteries do less well in cold temperatures. From what we are all told, 100% charging is ideal for them. I was specifically holding out for the LFP battery - since I also live in a warmer climate (although not as warm as yours) that ability to charge to 100% regularly is a game-changer on a standard range car.

The real advantage if the lpo batteries is not that you can charge to 100% (apart from regions without access to dc charging i. E. Australia noone needs this anyway). The real advantage is apparently the very little to no degradation.

How true is that? Only time will tell. I cant wait for the reports from the first cars in europe regarding degradation.
not having to swap our the battery every 12 years or so is a huge bonus.

Is there ANY information on HOT weather performance of the LFP battery? Anything? All searches for "hot" related to LFP battery seems to result in nothing but cold related information. I live in a desert! Car will be in a small, hot garage. Likely 120+ F at times. Will the heat from the A/C system cooling the battery make the garage significantly hotter? Will it still cool the battery adequately if not plugged in? Will I lose a lot of range driving around in 115+ F weather? Is LFP generally better or worse than NCA in the heat? Is it okay to charge to 100% all the time in the heat?
The issue with hot weather is battery degradation, not range reduction. Since LFP has less degradation than NCA, it is obviously a better hot weather battery.