Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP SR+ over old LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am looking to replace my i3 especially I will be traveling about 120 per day with my new role (we have charging at work but the price starting to get too high)
Always fancy a Model 3 and looking at used Model 3
I am looking at both 21 plate LFP SR+ and 19 plate LR
I wonder do I lose much if I pick the LFP SR over the LR, I think the LFP is slightly more robust battery? it will be a facelift and I will still have heated steering and rear heated seats if I find a 71 or later reg?
19 plate LR would have higher mileage on it, US rather MIC, but I gain more range and slightly better performance, nicer interior, front fog light and better sound system?

If you can get a late 71 plate car it will have a 60kwh battery and not be that far behind a 2019 LR in terms of range, obviously much slower though.
Can also be either a 5.3 0-60 or 5.8 0-60 on that plate. I cant vouch for the latter but having had a 2020 sr+ and currently on a 2021 sr+ lfp and 2022 MY lr with AB and also a BMW i3, I would say the SR+ is a great buy if you dont need a hatchback. LFP is more robust, efficient and easier to live with imho and then there is insurance premiums to also consider.

Bigger battery I3 should also be considered if it doest have to be a tesla and dont need to put people at the back most times as that turning circle is very practical indeed.

Reactions: Kurokawa
Upvote 0
Reactivate this thread for a question regarding 71 plate Model 3
When searching later LFP model 3 I found some listed as 302HP but the battery range still listed below 300mile.
I check Tesla-info could not find anything about this 302HP model3, any idea? Could it be 302mile instead indicating it is a late LFP model?

Upvote 0
2022 LFP here and it’s more than quick enough unless you are the type to go looking for people to race against etc. In reality, I hardly ever use the full power that even this offers. Multiple test drives in a LR before ordering left me feeling that the additional acceleration would very quickly just become something that l felt I needed to use just because I l’d paid so much more for it, even though, being honest, it didn’t add much to the experience as a driver, and was uncomfortable as a passenger.

RWD is generally regarded as being a better steer, and that was more important to me, along with the appeal of the LFP chemistry.

Upvote 0
Reactivate this thread for a question regarding 71 plate Model 3
When searching later LFP model 3 I found some listed as 302HP but the battery range still listed below 300mile.
I check Tesla-info could not find anything about this 302HP model3, any idea? Could it be 302mile instead indicating it is a late LFP model?
From a google search, it comes back with, looking at the motor label through the rear passenger wheel. It should have something like 3D1/6/?.
That is supposed to help work out what motor and battery combination you have. The Tesla screen will still show the EPA range and not the WTLP from the UK website.

Upvote 0