TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LH Drive Car in RH Drive country.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Jetex Jim, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Jetex Jim

Jetex Jim Member

I'm currently visiting the UK with my German spec. Model 3. which I have had since 27th December.

I haven't had the balls to engage autopilot yet.
    Has anyone tried a LH Drive car in a RH drive territory? Has anyone any idea what to expect?

2. Elja Trum

Elja Trum Member

I'm currently in the UK (near Birmingham) with my LH drive Model 3 from the Netherlands.
    I tried autopilot (can't do without it anymore ;)). It works great, no problems at all.

On the motorway it even knows not the pass cars on the left. It slows down so it does not overtake on the wrong side.

• Informative x 2
  3. Jetex Jim

Jetex Jim Member

Thank you Elja. I've tried Autopilot now, only very briefly, I'm in the Yorkshire Dales where the roads are very narrow.

Tomorrow I head for Hull and the overnight ferry to Rotterdam. Maybe I'll get the chance to give it a better try on the road to Hull.