Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LIcense plate anti-tamper screws

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my personalized tags in from Motor Vehicles. When the DS installed my temp tag, he used ordinary phillips head screws. Having had regular plates stolen in the past, I want to be especially vigilant with regards to the personalized tags. (KCKDGAS by the way).

Does anyone have a recommendation as to a good tamper proof screw that will work on the rear tag? Apparently there are different sizes and I would love not to re-invent the wheel if someone has a good recommendation. I have purchased "The Law" to mount the front plate, and so any info on mounting that would be appreciated too!

Just go to an auto parts store with one of your license plate screws in hand and tell them you want tamper proof license plate screws. They sell them in kits which should include the correct size tamper proof Torx tool to install them... although its much easier to buy an inexpensive tamper proof Torx driver set and use an electric screwdriver. I know since I installed our new 2017-2018 CA registration stickers on our rear license plate this morning. :cool:

Reactions: Akikiki