Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone --

We just thought that we'd share with you some splendid news! Based off of all the requests we received on creating a license plate bracket for the Tesla Model X, we'd like to introduce to you...

The Law for the 2016 Tesla Model X

Part number: X7340

Whether you’re looking to add a stylistic touch to your Model X, or just need to display your front plate long enough to get to the next car show, The Law has you covered.

The features of the Model X Law:
  • Auto Pilot compatible
  • No drilling
  • Easy to install
  • No rust or corrosion
  • 31 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed on your vehicle
  • Mountable in the factory honeycomb grill

tesla_law_eblast03.jpg

Here is the page to the website if you would like to see more information: Torklift Central | The Law - Tesla Model X Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) x7340. Please feel to message us if you have any questions!

I called and they are not available in the store.
Robert,
We apologize for the miscommunication but we are happy you were able to come in and see us at the store today to pick up The Law now that we have several in stock. We look forward to hearing what you think about it!

Just placed on order online. Thank you.
Rove,
Thanks for ordering The Law license plate bracket for the Model X! Let us know what you think about it once it’s installed.

Picked mine up today at the Kent, WA store. Haven't driven with it yet, but seems very snug. My only recommendation for Torklift Central or an installer is to have a longer neck for the Allen wrench. The provided one has too short of a neck and when you are rotating it you could scrape the plastic in the grill area if you aren't careful. Instructions were clear and in color.

20160701_233059009_iOS.jpg 20160701_232946589_iOS.jpg

BTW - Kudo's to the store for having a Level 2 charger in the parking lot! (Blink Network)

Reactions: Torklift Central
Picked mine up today at the Kent, WA store. Haven't driven with it yet, but seems very snug. My only recommendation for Torklift Central or an installer is to have a longer neck for the Allen wrench. The provided one has too short of a neck and when you are rotating it you could scrape the plastic in the grill area if you aren't careful. Instructions were clear and in color.

BTW - Kudo's to the store for having a Level 2 charger in the parking lot! (Blink Network)
Super. Any chance you can show some pictures from the sides and also where it attaches?

Hey Everyone --

We just thought that we'd share with you some splendid news! Based off of all the requests we received on creating a license plate bracket for the Tesla Model X, we'd like to introduce to you...

The Law for the 2016 Tesla Model X

Part number: X7340

Whether you’re looking to add a stylistic touch to your Model X, or just need to display your front plate long enough to get to the next car show, The Law has you covered.

The features of the Model X Law:
  • Auto Pilot compatible
  • No drilling
  • Easy to install
  • No rust or corrosion
  • 31 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed on your vehicle
  • Mountable in the factory honeycomb grill

tesla_law_eblast03.jpg

Here is the page to the website if you would like to see more information: Torklift Central | The Law - Tesla Model X Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) x7340. Please feel to message us if you have any questions!
Nice! Will one be made for the refreshed model S? I love how low it sits as not to be smack in the middle of the nose of the car.

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. It looks like a good alternative to drilling holes. Do you think that if another vehicle gently bumps the license plate, it will crack that bottom piece? At first glance, it just looks like the way it's mounted is a bit unforgiving and some pressure on it will break it. Impact might just be as bad with it drilled on the bumper but it might not break off.

Regards,

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. It looks like a good alternative to drilling holes. Do you think that if another vehicle gently bumps the license plate, it will crack that bottom piece? At first glance, it just looks like the way it's mounted is a bit unforgiving and some pressure on it will break it. Impact might just be as bad with it drilled on the bumper but it might not break off.

Regards,
I suppose that is a possibility, but it is a risk I am willing to take.

Nice! Will one be made for the refreshed model S? I love how low it sits as not to be smack in the middle of the nose of the car.

Hey Gentilly7,

We appreciate your inquiry — Creating a Model S Refresh Law bracket would definitely be worth consideration. We'll pass it along to
our engineering team to see what they can do. We will need to bring a refreshed Model S into the shop in order to confirm fitment of The Law, but this will be the first place we announce any new accessories!

View attachment 183740 View attachment 183741
Here you go. In the instructions, it says to not over tighten the screws (4) as it might crack the louver.

Hey Robert,

Thank you for sharing your photos of The Law on your Model X! It looks fantastic. Would you mind if we use your photos on our website? We also really appreciate your feedback about the allen wrench and will make sure to pass on your feedback to our team to see if there are adjustments we can make. We hope you took advantage of the charger in the parking lot -- that's what it's there for! :)

Hey Robert,

Thank you for sharing your photos of The Law on your Model X! It looks fantastic. Would you mind if we use your photos on our website? We also really appreciate your feedback about the allen wrench and will make sure to pass on your feedback to our team to see if there are adjustments we can make. We hope you took advantage of the charger in the parking lot -- that's what it's there for! :)

You may you the photos. Sorry my license plate doesn't say "Torklift". :)

Reactions: Torklift Central
You may you the photos. Sorry my license plate doesn't say "Torklift". :)

Thank you Robert! We really appreciate you letting us use your photos. We'll make do without the "Torklift" on the plates. ;)

Finally legal thanks to my Torklift, The Law installation.

Gwan, we're happy to hear that you've installed The Law on your Model X! Could you share some photos so we can see what it looks like?

Reactions: MarkoC