TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

License Plate Bracket for the Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Torklift Central, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Torklift Central

Hey Everyone --

We just thought that we'd share with you some splendid news! Based off of all the requests we received on creating a license plate bracket for the Tesla Model X, we'd like to introduce to you...

The Law for the 2016 Tesla Model X

[​IMG]
    Part number: X7340

Whether you’re looking to add a stylistic touch to your Model X, or just need to display your front plate long enough to get to the next car show, The Law has you covered.

The features of the Model X Law:
    • Auto Pilot compatible
    • No drilling
    • Easy to install
    • No rust or corrosion
    • 31 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed on your vehicle
    • Mountable in the factory honeycomb grill

[​IMG]

Here is the page to the website if you would like to see more information: Torklift Central | The Law - Tesla Model X Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) x7340. Please feel to message us if you have any questions!

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Waiting for the first owner reports but this looks promising.

3. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

For those in the Seattle area, can you let us know when they are in stock at your retail store? Thanks.

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

FedEx says I should have one by 7/7

5. Torklift Central

Hey Robert,
    We currently have them in stock at Torklift Central. They're selling quickly so feel free to call ahead of time before coming in so we can put one aside for you.

6. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I called and they are not available in the store.

7. Rove

Rove Member

Just placed on order online. Thank you.

• Like x 1
  8. Torklift Central

Robert,
    We apologize for the miscommunication but we are happy you were able to come in and see us at the store today to pick up The Law now that we have several in stock. We look forward to hearing what you think about it!

Rove,
    Thanks for ordering The Law license plate bracket for the Model X! Let us know what you think about it once it’s installed.

9. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

Picked mine up today at the Kent, WA store. Haven't driven with it yet, but seems very snug. My only recommendation for Torklift Central or an installer is to have a longer neck for the Allen wrench. The provided one has too short of a neck and when you are rotating it you could scrape the plastic in the grill area if you aren't careful. Instructions were clear and in color.

20160701_233059009_iOS.jpg 20160701_232946589_iOS.jpg

BTW - Kudo's to the store for having a Level 2 charger in the parking lot! (Blink Network)

• Like x 1
  10. aesculus

Super. Any chance you can show some pictures from the sides and also where it attaches?

11. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

Nice! Will one be made for the refreshed model S? I love how low it sits as not to be smack in the middle of the nose of the car.

12. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

20160702_151450557_iOS.jpg 20160702_151625746_iOS.jpg
    Here you go. In the instructions, it says to not over tighten the screws (4) as it might crack the louver.

13. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. It looks like a good alternative to drilling holes. Do you think that if another vehicle gently bumps the license plate, it will crack that bottom piece? At first glance, it just looks like the way it's mounted is a bit unforgiving and some pressure on it will break it. Impact might just be as bad with it drilled on the bumper but it might not break off.

Regards,

14. aesculus

Perfect. It looks like a no holes solution? I am in.

15. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I suppose that is a possibility, but it is a risk I am willing to take.

16. Torklift Central

Hey Gentilly7,

We appreciate your inquiry — Creating a Model S Refresh Law bracket would definitely be worth consideration. We'll pass it along to
    our engineering team to see what they can do. We will need to bring a refreshed Model S into the shop in order to confirm fitment of The Law, but this will be the first place we announce any new accessories!

Hey Robert,

Thank you for sharing your photos of The Law on your Model X! It looks fantastic. Would you mind if we use your photos on our website? We also really appreciate your feedback about the allen wrench and will make sure to pass on your feedback to our team to see if there are adjustments we can make. We hope you took advantage of the charger in the parking lot -- that's what it's there for! :)

17. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

You may you the photos. Sorry my license plate doesn't say "Torklift". :)

• Like x 1
  18. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

• Helpful x 1
  19. Torklift Central

Thank you Robert! We really appreciate you letting us use your photos. We'll make do without the "Torklift" on the plates. ;)

Gwan, we're happy to hear that you've installed The Law on your Model X! Could you share some photos so we can see what it looks like?

• Like x 1
  20. aesculus

Waiting for mine to arrive. Looks like a good solution.

Now I need something for my HOV stickers. :)

• Like x 1