Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

license plate frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A custom frame is the way to go - "Designed by Tesla - Made in America"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,343
At my delivery on Saturday in Rockville, it didn't sound like they had any idea when they'd get more in, but they said they'd add my name to a list, so clearly I'm not the only one asking after the TESLA chrome-ish frame. ;-)

I'd like the "Zero Emissions" placard, but since I have a to put a plate on anyway, by the time I get the placard I'll probably have the plates and won't be able to use it anyway. ;-(

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but I wanted to say that I really like the simple design of the license plate frame that they included with the car.

However, the crappy thing is that it's plastic, and it's easy to scratch/scuff when washing the car. Real chrome (like my old frame) is much better.

I just ordered one using designs/text from bonnie1194 and mp2. Thanks guys! Feel free to use mine as a start if you'd like to tweak it to your own design. Click the image to see the design on the plateframesonline.com website. Hurry since the 25% off coupon of "LOVE" ends on 3/1/13.

Tesla Plate.jpg

I got my plateframe but alas, there are two issues. The first, there are a couple of pieces of debris under the lower sticker, making noticeable bubbles. The second, the back of the cut steel is rather sharp. Sharp enough that I won't put it on the car. I could file it smooth, but I'm disappointed that I'd have to bother and they don't smooth it at their factory.

I've emailed their customer service. We'll see what they say.

I'm using the frame from the factory for my rear plate. I'm really glad I got that before they ran out.

While I was adding some LED strips for more lighting in the rear cargo area last weekend, I found my Zero Emissions placard back there and was wondering what to do to display it, now that I have my ELEC3CT plate in the frame. Here's what I came up with... (I used double sided foam tape.)

zeroemissionsphoto.JPG

The cargo protector is Lloyd's Rubbertite in clear finish. The LED strips were very easy and I used cheap ones from China off ebay ($4.99 for two 12 inch strips, one in frunk and one in rear).

I'm using the frame from the factory for my rear plate. I'm really glad I got that before they ran out.

While I was adding some LED strips for more lighting in the rear cargo area last weekend, I found my Zero Emissions placard back there and was wondering what to do to display it, now that I have my ELEC3CT plate in the frame. Here's what I came up with... (I used double sided foam tape.)

The cargo protector is Lloyd's Rubbertite in clear finish. The LED strips were very easy and I used cheap ones from China off ebay ($4.99 for two 12 inch strips, one in frunk and one in rear).
Where are the LED strips and what did you plug them into?