Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

License Plate Screw Size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the correct size for the license plate screws? I had mine fall out today and my temp plate went flying! I guess that was one thing I missed during initial inspection of the vehicle. "Plate screws torqued to spec". I was able to go back and get my plate but I have no screws for a frame of reference when I go to the hardware store.

Thanks!

Reactions: Anna St
Use some tape to hold the temporary tag in place until you can get replacement screws. Use your Tesla app, schedule a Mobile Service Appointment. Explain that the license plate screws of your new Tesla vehicle fell out, you need replacement screws pronto. Worth a try.

Cross posting from some info I posted my first accessories:

Rightcar Solutions silicone license plate frame. $14.99
The rear license plate frame is pretty flimsy and I wanted something that wouldn't rattle. It's thicker than the license plate frame Tesla provides, so I secured it with M5x0.8x8mm stainless steel socket head screws (vs. the 6mm OEM). Nice tight fit and for the price, also happy with this. The blue isn't a perfect match, but I'm OK with it.

Much nicer than the frame Tesla provides.

Reactions: james2441139