Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Life after 1 year with my Model S. Stuff you should know before you buy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, we only put up with them until other amazing machines are available which don't require putting up with such problems. Cost vs. benefits decisions. Today, Tesla is still the best available EV, a year or two from now, maybe even sooner, it will no longer be true.

PS> If you want to discuss world problems, this is not the right forum. People here have a roof over their heads, don't worry about where their food is coming from. All problems are relative - a guy sleeping under the bridge in New York has it pretty good compared to someone in Africa who is sick, starving, abused, hunted for body parts to be sold on black market and/or enslaved by some warlord to work in their drug fields or to mine minerals. As my grandpa used to say "things could always be worse, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to make them better".

I see what you did there......

Last edited:
I drive MCU1 car. It reboots occasionally, but not that often (possibly because I reboot it at least coupe times a week to get the browser to work for a trip). The cluster has never rebooted on me. My wife has an MCU2 car. She never told me it reboots, but I was driving my daughter somewhere today and when I rebooted my MCU1, my daughter tells me "oh this happens to mom's car too". So, it turns out my just wife didn't tell me, and I know why. She doesn't want to waste a day going to the service center for them to say everything looks good (and from what u hea, get a bill at $195/hr for diagnosis which yields no result- Elon's latest money making idea).

Here's a money making losing idea:
Supply the service centers and body repair shops with the parts needed to repair the cars they have in storage waiting for said parts! :) . Crazy idea, I know.....[/S]
There, I fixed it for you. You forgot that Tesla pays for all those parts that have to be replaced under warranty. The more they replace, the more it costs them. It's not like the independent dealer/shop model when shops make money by billing the manufacturer. With Tesla, the shop is the manufacturer, so there is an inherent conflict of interest for warranty repairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandollars