TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Life Saving Brakes

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by scaesare, Apr 9, 2014.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

#1 scaesare, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    The braking system on my Model S saved a life Monday night... that of the little bunny that darted across the road.

I have to say, those massive Brembo calipers and ginormous discs can haul the 5,000+ lbs of car and passengers to a halt impressively quickly.

Yet another design point emphasizing safety and performance rather than "econobox" thinking.

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

AW, you earned some good karma!

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Nice work scaesare. I saved a Virginia deer a few months back. Actually I guess I saved a deer and a call to the insurance company!

4. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

As opposed to the ChadS bunnies who were mercilessly chased down...

5. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

I had to brake hard the other day for the first time and my mouth fell open at how fast it stopped. The anti locks didn't even kick in so I even had some more stopping power left unless I manually took it to its limit, which I doubt.

6. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Ooh.. good on you. They come out in force around here this time of year, don't they? Nice to have the stopping power, _IF_ you see them in time...

A biddy of mine just hit one in his not-very-old Audi A5 a few weeks back. :(