Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the 21" wheels make a big difference as in the winter I'm at 360wh/mi and summer about 300wh/mi. Some times if I'm cruising slow I can get it down to about 260wh/mi for a short time.
I notice a pretty solid difference on 19s vs 21s. I put on 19" with winter tires and notice a drop of about 20Wh/m from 330 to 310 over 600 miles. The difference is probably bigger as I'm using the 19s in winter and 21s in spring-fall. I think the 21" wheels are supposed to result in 10% worse efficiency, so this seems like a reasonable difference.

Where do you go to find your lifetime average? Or are folks just not resetting the Trip A or B and using that for "lifetime"?
Yes, the latter. We give up one trip setting, but you have to know that when you start driving it.

A minor word of caution about keeping lifetime stats in the trip odometers. I was using Trip B for my car's lifetime stats ever since buying it over 3 yrs ago. But earlier this year while I was in for service, the technician reset all my trip meters without letting me know beforehand, including the lifetime stats in B.

Supposedly this was to free up memory in trying to solve some unrelated bug I reported. Of course this didn't solve the bug I reported (Slacker streaming audio stuttering - which was eventually solved after a later software update). Not sure how much memory this really clears or if it's simply the equivalent of waving a dead chicken over a problem for which they have no clue how to solve, but kinda annoying they did that.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime
S90D post refresh 2016 with 20K miles and 19 inch tires. Lifetime 305Wh/Mi. It went up to 306 late this winter but has been going back down now that the weather is warmer. I mostly get under 300Wh/Mi running around the local area, so my Wh/Mi has been coming down the last year.

285 Wh/mi on a 90D (10/16 build) with 19" slipstreams. I have a ~600 ft. decent/climb each day.

Got hit last year and had to drive around with the damage for four months. Then gave up my car for two months during repairs.

Now that I have her back, I'm giving up on having a low Wh/mi and I'm focused on maximizing smiles.

Accidentally charged to Full today. 190 rated miles with 145K on the odometer. 312wh/mi lifetime. Tesla Dash 5-6-19.jpg

43,000 miles, 13,194 KW used, equals 307 Wh/mi here in Florida, 2014 Model S, now 4 years, 9 months old (57 months). Battery now only charges to 260 miles (new was 265 mi) and the 80% daily charges now only goes to 230 (new was 240), but like all batteries, they have a declining life.