Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oops. 328 Wh/mi lifetime. Evidently the car is getting more efficient in middle age. Or the last 1,000 miles was downhill. Or something.

The legs over flat ground in states with more conservative speed limits were kinda fun once in awhile. With the driver assist features enabled, nodding off in the endless flat expanses was a greatly-reduced possibility, and it was fun to see exactly rated miles/range and a pretty much dead flat energy consumption chart.

Or maybe I'm just easily amused. In any case, whether at 284Wh/mi, -999Wh/mi, or off the charts at 900Wh/mi, I find myself appreciating the car's design and the Eisenhower administration a wee bit more during each road trip.

20160630_120732.jpg

I'm envious of your lifetime average power calculations. The Denver service center told me to reset the trip odometers to try to address a problem where the center console occasionally freezes or reboots on it's own. "...
this happen also to me once a month or so. usually I can identfy this as a data communicating problem (e.g. if the 3g does not work)
I have even experinced where the console screen was so locked that the instrument cluster came up with a "console needs service"
but all cleared up when i once again got a good 3g connection.

so to you:
1. make shure no browser is left open with a page with autorefresh (meny pages does) find a simple page to go to when you close the browser (never leave it at a news site with adds)
2. do not use sat view in your navigation unles you really needs it.
3. if your car does not support 4g, consider upgrade or tether with your phones 4g via wifi

nowadays in my car it usually is a sign of a sw update is being downloaded in the background if the screens locks up...witch might be a good sign.

Living in North Metro Atlanta Georgia we see winter averaging below freezing and summer temps averaging in the mid to upper 90's. Just checked my lifetime energy usage as well as energy usage after a 10k mile reset in the beginning. They are exactly the same,
331 Wh/Mile. I guess that lifetime avg is pretty good considering we are either full on car heating or full on A/C cooling with very few southern California weather days? \i/

Just an interesting note for my lifetime usage:

My kWh cost is .0665 for 12,648.8 kWh hours of $841.15 for 38,219.2 miles driven.

energy LOEVie.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
Everyone in TX must pass you! How on earth do you do that? I have only 10000 miles and avg 275 wh/mi and I don't think I really baby it. Curious minds want to know.
Mostly it's a lot of practice. Sometimes you can choose energy friendly routes--I happen to be able to use different routes for the morning and evening commutes. It's not both ways downhill by any means, but it's better than using the same route. It also helps to maintain air pressure. However, only about half the miles are commuting miles, the rest are road trip miles.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec