Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 15 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month May
Distance = 857 miles
Total energy kWh = 280
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 326
Avg Temp 60.5 F (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (15 Months)
Distance = 18,945 miles
Total energy kWh = 6147
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 325

This month's data reflects mild weather driving with very minimal use of cabin heater, air conditioner, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 234 now, same as last month). Summer tires (Bridgestone Pole Position S04 19" and Cyclone wheels were mounted on the car all month).

Range Mode OFF entire month and still on firmware 17.14.23

053117.png

Impressive lifetime average of 246 Wh/Mi ... what is your actual range when driving?
Depends on what the actual usable battery capacity is (I've heard various figures). But somewhere between 290 and 320. I almost always do better in city driving than i do in trip driving, but about 50% of the miles are trip miles.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Where can you drive 25 miles at 25mph avg. I can't even think of a road any where near me I could do that other than stop and go expressway traffic. I can only manage 280Wh/mi in my stop and go traffic in my old S85D and my new 100D. Wish I could drive my 100 miles a day in your sweet spot.
These are city streets. Mostly the time is taken up waiting for lights.

309 Wh/mile for first 7800 miles, since picking up car on 02/28/17. This is with about 80 miles round trip daily (76 of that is interstate) during the week. I like the idea of trying to target getting under 300 on average, just as something to shoot for. But then again, with only 3-4 months so far, I am still having too much fun driving the car for performance!!

S 60.. 279Wh/mi lifetime since 3/15/17.. 276Wh/mi after 2161 miles of roadtrip from San Jose -> lava bed -> crater lake -> Portland -> seattle -> back down the coast on 101. I'm surprised how low our Wh/mi for the entire roadtrip while driving 5-10mph over speed limits most of the time.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 66
I've enjoyed being able to keep an eye on my lifetime average energy use, as I haven't ever reset Trip B. After one month of ownership in California and around 1500 miles my average is 326Wh/mi. How are you faring?

I'd love to see a future firmware update that lets me use my trip meters for trips, but still provides access to my lifetime average. I'd also appreciate an automatic trip meter (one that resets when you exit the vehicle), and a per-driver meter.

I'm at about 330 WtHr/mi for 45,700 miles.

After 16 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month June
Distance = 511 miles (was away on vacation for a few weeks so low miles)
Total energy kWh = 162
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 317
Avg Temp 72.9 F (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (16 Months)
Distance = 19,456 miles
Total energy kWh = 6309
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 324

This month's data reflects mild to warming weather driving with no use of cabin heater, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters and mild use of air conditioning. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 234 now, same as last month). Summer tires (Bridgestone Pole Position S04 19" and Cyclone wheels).

Range Mode OFF entire month and on firmware 17.24.28 as of 6/21/17