Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 22 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month December
Distance in Miles = 487
Total energy kWh = 207.6
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 426
Avg Temp 31.6 (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (22 Months)
Distance in Miles = 26,124
Total energy kWh = 8475
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 324

This month's data reflects very cold weather driving with use of cabin heater, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters and no use of air conditioning. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 235 now). Winter tires have been installed (Micheline MXM4 19" and Tesla 10 spoke wheels). Normal daily charge level of battery is set to 60% due to my daily use case.

Range Mode OFF entire month and on firmware = 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d.

Jan_1_2018_jerry.jpg

After 23 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month January 2018
Distance in Miles = 101.1
Total energy kWh = 207.6
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 459
Avg Temp 31.4 (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (23 Months)
Distance in Miles = 26,345
Total energy kWh = 8576
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 326

This month's data reflects very cold weather driving with use of cabin heater, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters and no use of air conditioning. Use of the S this month was minimal. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 235 now). Winter tires have been installed (Micheline MXM4 19" and Tesla 10 spoke wheels). Normal daily charge level of battery is set to 60% due to my daily use case.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Very impressive, it would appear to me that your commute is downhill both ways :)
Don't recall ever having a 20+ mile ride in the 20x Wh/mi range which didn't involve a lond downhill.
That's actually one way. the round trip is between 220 and 240. I don't use the same route both ways.

Also there is not that much downhill, it's kind of up and down. Going home is mostly freeway because that gives a better Wh/mi than the surface streets.

I know this isn’t scientific but it DOES show a trend.

When this thread was started, the first 20 to report had a cumulative average of 374wh. That was 2013.

The LAST 20 to report in 2017 had a cumulative average of 298wh.

Either we are getting better at lying or driving OR the car’efficiency just keeps getting better! I am joking about the lying!

Regardless, I can’t wait for mine to be delivered and I am happy to find this forum of fine people!

@Sandollars - It could be a little of each... Your average whm will be much higher for the first few months of ownership than it will be later on. Unless you have superhuman restraint, it's going to be difficult to avoid using the instant acceleration your new car has, and while that doesn't help efficiency it does help install the permagrin. Welcome aboard!

After 24 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month February 2018
Distance in Miles = 507
Total energy kWh = 190
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 375
Avg Temp 31.4 (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (24 Months)
Distance in Miles = 26,867
Total energy kWh = 8765.7
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 326

This month's data reflects cold weather driving with use of cabin heater, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters and no use of air conditioning. Use of the S this month was less than normal. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 235 now). Winter tires have been installed (Micheline MXM4 19" and Tesla 10 spoke wheels). Normal daily charge level of battery is set to 60% due to my daily use case. BTW the 12V battery was changed this month for the first time.