Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a while since I updated:

Lifetime:
38,058 miles
12,556 Wh
330 Wh/mi

Takes a lot now to move that average Wh/mi number. we'll see if it creeps up now that it's rainy season again in Seattle...

Still on 19" wheels, replaced rear tires and adjusted camber at 23,500mi.

890285f820cb377e508b9482cd47ff5c.jpg

Oct '14 and lifetime. A few days late because the car was parked at the airport over Halloween.

I wonder if any of the weight saving cars (~200lbs lighter) show any improvement in range? I know my efficiency takes a 10-15% hit when driving with a couple people.

Yes, but 200 lbs is easily overcome by many other factors. For instance, couple of psi too low in the tires will give the same kind of Wh/mi hit--or greater. I don't notice much difference when I have passengers.

Hi to all
Just hit 10500 miles. Average is now 284Wh/mi. Most of the driving is 65-70 mph in the diamond lanes. 26 mile commute each way. Typically 300 to 310 going, then about 250 returning. About 20% in urban traffic at 40-45mph. A/C on, fan 7 or 8, lights on, radio on Slacker. Long term reported energy use has dropped about 2Whr/mile since it cooled off in AZ (checked over about 1000 miles). No complaints.

2014-11-30 22.28.44.jpg

Pretty pleased to have not lost much ground on my lifetime average this month. We had a number of very cold days, some snow and other adverse conditions that stared me off on a bad foot. I had just dropped to a lifetime 306 Wh/mi in the last few days of October and was back up to 307 Wh/mi within a few days at the beginning of November. Despite at least one long trip in the snow the warmer end of the month let me hold my month's average to 309 Wh/mi so made little impact on my lifetime numbers. December started with temps in the low 20s...so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold that lifetime average.

Should also mention, Dec. 3rd is my official 2 year anniversary with the car. So I'll be right at 22,000 miles average per year. I don't think I drove over 20,000 in any given year with my Prius. So much for being "limited" with an EV!!