Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4DDAB1E4-841C-4E70-8532-0BA7E2C1D6E0.jpeg

I was just at the Performance Model 3 Drive Event at the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne, CA, so I thought I would try to drive like the guys in Colorado did, getting 600+ miles on a single charge on my way home. I am only going 358 miles up to the Tesla Factory, so I set the GPS to give me directions avoiding the freeway, but I was unable to get near the 206 wattHours/mile to Fremont from LA. I thought I was a pretty good hypermiler. There are just no good roads for driving 35 MPH for the first half of the drive. Maybe by the time you get to Bakersfield, but I was stymied by the mountains, I never got much below 245, that's my normal average.

-Randy

Just updating:

P3D w/18's.....

a good mix of city and highway. AC on most of the time, as it's been one of the warmest summers in memory around here.

Coming from an S85 where I had a lifetime usage of 336 wh/mi, I'm NOT gonna complain.

:D:D:D:D

That gives me confidence that 18'' for 3P- is still giving you over 300 miles of range considering you get 240 Wh/mile.

Many were estimating that 3P- gets less than 300 miles of range, let alone 3P+.

Model 3 RWD 18" LR

First 2000 miles...215wh/mile...80/20 highway/local...70mph avg on highway
Then, Battery Management Bootloader Firmware upgrade done.
Drove 150 miles since then...177wh/mile

Hmmm... That means there IS a way to tell if you have had the bootloader installed. Just check if you are getting under 200wh/mi

Leave it to Tesla to make it so simple to figure out.

-Randy