Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lifetime 232 wh/mi over 4,000 mostly highway miles with my LR using aeros. I drive @75-80 mph when I can (when the commuter traffic relents). I’ve reset Trip A a couple of times and over longish stretches, it also has ended up at 232 wh/mi. I guess 232 is my destiny.

So today on my P3D+, drove 70mph on autopilot the whole way on the highway. Got 270 wh/mi.

I think that's the best I'm gonna get for highway driving on the 20" Sport Wheels with PS4.

Should be interesting when I get my 18" TST with the DWS06. Wonder how much better the efficiency will be?

• Informative
Reactions: Crispix
So today on my P3D+, drove 70mph on autopilot the whole way on the highway. Got 270 wh/mi.

I think that's the best I'm gonna get for highway driving on the 20" Sport Wheels with PS4.

Coming from a S85 with a P3D+ on order, those are good numbers to know. I think extrapolating that means that a P3D+ will go about 260-ish miles on a full charge? I'm ok with that. Never had a range issue on my S after many, many road trips.

Not bad! I have yet to see under 300. With autopilot in my morning commute I'm at 318, but that's a lot of stop and go.

I'll have to take a road trip with autopilot to see how it is on the open road.

I'm at 703 miles driven since delivery on 8/7, and my lifetime average is at 304 Wh/mile. This includes 4 full throttle pulls down an 1/8th mile track (700+kWh), and numerous 0-60 tests. I occasionally drive with a light foot, and easily see in the 260-270 Wh/mile range.

Are you the guy in the recent video's of the 3 smoking people on that 1/8th mile track?

Ohhh, that track! Yeah, that's me. I was not aware that it was picked up by Insideevs via Teslarati. Heck, I didn't even know it was on Teslarati until someone from a Model 3 FB pointed it out to me. Lol Fun times!

But back on topic... Wh/mile, yeah, not real great that night, and I suspect it will be the same this Friday night at that same track :D

Reactions: Abstrakt1
Ohhh, that track! Yeah, that's me. I was not aware that it was picked up by Insideevs via Teslarati. Heck, I didn't even know it was on Teslarati until someone from a Model 3 FB pointed it out to me. Lol Fun times!

But back on topic... Wh/mile, yeah, not real great that night, and I suspect it will be the same this Friday night at that same track :D

Can't wait to see the new vids. If you keep it up those youtube clicks may pay for your car with all that publicity. Good luck man, sorry to derail the topic, just had to ask.

Can't wait to see the new vids. If you keep it up those youtube clicks may pay for your car with all that publicity. Good luck man, sorry to derail the topic, just had to ask.

Unfortunately, it's not my youtube channel, so no $ for me. Whoever owns it was nice enough to copy my post with my referral code into the description. Hasn't led to any referrals yet, but one can hope!

Reactions: Abstrakt1
Yeah, I got that idea from here, so the night I picked up my car I renamed Trip A to Lifetime to remind me to NEVER reset it
I totally missed that this could be renamed! Love it. Just need to also have a way to avoid accidental resets now. I'd love to see a new card added into the list for lifetime, so that I could actually have my two trip meters back...

I wish you could lock the first one, or they would just have one built in for lifetime that you couldn't touch.

edit: added as a feature request
Exactly!

Manually shut off the A/C compressor like you said. Now to prevent heater from coming on, just make sure your set point is lower than ambient. Kind of annoying. I know a bunch of people have submitted feedback to support a fan-only setting in the UI.
Great idea to submit feedback for this. I was surprised to have the heat come on when I had AC off. AC should not just mean cold! It should mean any "conditioning" of the air. And that's how it's worked in previous EVs that I've had.