Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
249 is my average for over 9500miles winter and summer. It about 280 in winter and maybe 230 in summer. I too would like to know what others have seen. I know higher speed makes a huge difference and also a lead foot raises the number quickly.
_stampee

Makes sense on the "lead foot" because I am confident my wife doesn't "drive like me". She drives to and from work 20 miles one way and the trip is very "consistent" every day.

Lifetime (22845 miles from July 3, 2018): 234Wh/mi
Since last charge (118 miles): 225Wh/mi

edit: The "Since last charge" was a trip from my home in San Jose to SFO and back (Hwy 85 & 280 @80+ since I was late) where the car used 104 miles of range and some trips around town (<10 miles each trip).

Last edited:
Reactions: BMWM3Man
My lifetime average is 278 Wh/mi, 41,902 miles as of this afternoon.

2020 LR AWD. A lot of mileage at 75+ mph interstate highway speeds - majority of commute is on the interstate, and I’ve done around 15,000 miles of road trips on this car.

I don’t watch my speed, nor do I worry about climate setting consumption. Upgraded from SR+ to a LR for a reason.

Pics or it didn't happen people! 🙃
20220406_odometers.jpg

• Informative
Thats pretty efficient. When I had my 20 inch, I had an average of 334 wh/mi. I've switched to 18s (PS4S) and am averaging around 300 wh/mi now. I have a lead foot so I don't worry about it :D When I roadtrip though, I average around 280 wh/mi driving around 80mph.

My commute is 40 miles each way to work, and I choose to drive "the back roads" home, because even though it takes a bit longer its a better drive (windy road) and also serves to keep me traveling a certain speed. When the freeway is open, the speed of traffic is 80 ish and thats what I drive when I go to the office, but coming home if I leave during commute time (330 to 530pm) I take those back roads.

Many would say that "why do you have the performance version anyway, if you drive with such a light foot?" (lol) and I while I have a light foot, I occasionally... dont (lmao), and I like having the option.

Reactions: KenC and Apprunner
Pics or it didn't happen people! 🙃
Since I am saying my Model 3P wh/mi is pretty low, I should provide a picture as well.

Here it is, below. As you can see, the "lifetime do not reset" trip meter is roughly 400 miles off. Thats because I didnt think about it myself, and did not read about the suggestion to make a lifetime meter here until after the first month of ownership or so. The total Odometer is 29,954, and my "lifetime do not reset" meter is 29,540.

IMG_1214.jpg

• Informative
Lifetime is 256Wh/mile, but that's 4 Winters and 3 Summers, so it's skewed a little higher than what I consider my yearly average which is around 250Wh/mile, which is where I think it was back last Sept.

I've started setting one of my Trip meters from Sept to March, and then reset it for March to Sept. This year, showed Sept to March was 274Wh/mile. I expect March to Sept to be around 225.
IMG_3678.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin