Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share how efficient the model 3 is and see what other owners have been getting for lifetime Wh/mi. I've been averaging 240 Wh/mi since I've taken delivery of the car and that includes some spirited driving.
IMG_5405.JPG

if you want a comparison with the Model S, I've had mine (see sig) since October of 2017. And here in New England, it's cold and I lose a lot of efficiency to the cabin heater and the battery heater. 354Wh/mi lifetime.

I've been playing with my driving style on my relatively short commute (10 miles) that is mostly highway driving to see what i can find out. If i drive without any climate control and as gently as possible, i can get around 210 Wh/mi. Driving more "normal" (not avoiding accelerating for merging and passing) i will get around 220 Wh/mi. If i run climate control while driving normal, it's more like 250-260+ Wh/mi.

Longer drives definitely improve this as well, i've had a few longer distances drives average 190-200 Wh/mi. All with aeros.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Interesting that they show you the Wh/mi. but don't measure it at the motor, they include heat and potentially headlights and subwoofer.

I have a motorhome that COULD have come with a diesel generator but fortunately it comes with a propane one so all of my miles per gallon reflect fuel going thru the engine. Sounds like they don't do that on the Tesla.

-Randy