Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LifeWithTesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The six hundred pound gorilla in the room, though (uh, at least, in my room), is why isn't it "Life With A Tesla"?

"Life With Tesla" doesn't make sense. Does the guy live, in any sense, with the actual company, Tesla? Or maybe he has a dog called Tesla? Or at least a goldfish? Am I being a language snob here? "Help me out, people..."

The six hundred pound gorilla in the room, though (uh, at least, in my room), is why isn't it "Life With A Tesla"?

"Life With Tesla" doesn't make sense. Does the guy live, in any sense, with the actual company, Tesla? Or maybe he has a dog called Tesla? Or at least a goldfish? Am I being a language snob here? "Help me out, people..."
It's a blog. You can't even expect "real" journalism, much less real writing and editing skills.
The English language is dead. Long live the blog! (sarcasm alert)

I think the SEO people think in terms of "unique keywords", so they tend to come up with 'buzzy' sounding names that aren't necessarily grammatically perfect.

By the way, I ran into some controversial, questionable stories when searching for more detail about the background of this production.
Opted not to post the links, since it may just be run of the mill competitive mud-slinging between people battling for dominance in that 'industry'.

The auto industry did away with articles long ago. You don't buy "a" Dodge Ram; you don't even buy "the" Dodge Ram; you buy Dodge Ram. I guess they hope you think it's like some kind of complete lifestyle package that you're buying, not just a product.

Another grammatical error (or purposely misleading phraseology) is that they never say "available with X" but they prefer the phrase "with available X." In my book, if it's "available" then it's just an option, so it can't come "with" something that is merely available on some models.

I have a minor quibble with "APR Financing" because it sounds like you're financing the purchase of an APR rather than a car, but I think it's more the cadence of the delivery rather than the grammar itself.

The auto industry did away with articles long ago. You don't buy "a" Dodge Ram; you don't even buy "the" Dodge Ram; you buy Dodge Ram...

This might be a regional thing. I've never heard this.

In a related note, when talking about routes and highways everyone (that I know) in the Northeast of the United States doesn't use the word "the" in front of the Highway number. Example: "I went up 91 to get to Route 2, then I took 2 over to Shelburne." When I visited my sister in Pheonix, everyone put "the" in front of the highway numbers. Example: "I went up the 91 to get to the 2, then I took the 2 over to Shelburne." It was weird.

Yes, the "the" in front of freeway names is a West Coast thing. We like our articles. Everyone knows you take "the 405" south to get from LA to San Diego.
More specifically a SoCal thing. It's much less common up here. In my experience, eight times out of ten when someone in the SF Bay Area says "take the 101," they're from southern California.

To me, life with a Tesla is more than the car. It is the company, the community, solar and other alternative forms of electricity generation. It is the way it makes you think about the future and the kind of world we are making for our kids.

It is life with Tesla. Maybe not grammatically correct, but emphasis-wise it is spot on.