Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I paid $40 for Specialized Coatings in Huntington Beach to do mine (their lot minimum). For my spare tire, I just ended up spray painting it with some Semi Gloss Black and it looks pretty good too.
Wow! Cheapest I could find was $180/wheel for powdercoating in the Seattle area. Decided to just buy some hyperdip instead since that's basically almost the price of buying new wheels

Anyone measured range impact with the 255/55r18 Wildpeak ATs?
I dont have the 18s, but I have the 245/55/19s on OEM rims without covers. Fresh tires with my normal commute was a 10% decrease or an added 1% loss per my 10% battery drive. I would assume weather also affected the 10% decrease, because the last time with OEM tires the weather was 70 degrees and now I'm driving at 34 degrees (Chicago weather). Overall not a bad impact, if I needed to gain some back I can toss on the aero covers, but meh.

Reactions: Pilo and DrGriz
Thanks All - Have some Method 502's ready to go on the MYP, but first I've changed the color to Bronze...excited to get the tires on and ready to go.
I love those wheels on the Y, I think that's what one of our customers did:

1669239784677.jpeg

The shop who put this build together was The Driveway in San Jose. I feel I should credit them for a great result!

does that efficiency take into account any difference in tire size vs. stock? maybe youre doing ~3% better than that?
You’ll definitely be less efficient with these tires since they are heavier. Also the diameter is slightly bigger so the speed will read about 1-2 mph less than actual at high speeds. I changed wheel settings to Inductions to somewhat assimilate the efficiency

I'm having a hard time finding 18" wheels with the right load rating and offset. I don't want a higher offset than +30, and I think the minimum load rating should be ~750kg.

Any ideas? Best I found are Black Rhino wheels, but they have a +10 offset which is little too pokey and might rub with 245/60.