Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted my Model Y šŸ˜€

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I respect every MOD, choice, color, feature and gimmick owners want to add to their ride, but it doesn't mean I have to like those.
I like the way the MY looks in the P version because it is slightly lowered, but when I first moved to the United States 7 years ago, I started to notice where the world of MODs was taking people, at least here in Houston, mostly I was amazed to look at Ford F150s lifted vs lowered and I don't ask myself "why" anymore :D
So, if you enjoy your lifted Y you have my props, I don't like it, I cant wait for my MYP, but I may do a mod one day that nobody will like and it's all good!

I respect every MOD, choice, color, feature and gimmick owners want to add to their ride, but it doesn't mean I have to like those.
I like the way the MY looks in the P version because it is slightly lowered, but when I first moved to the United States 7 years ago, I started to notice where the world of MODs was taking people, at least here in Houston, mostly I was amazed to look at Ford F150s lifted vs lowered and I don't ask myself "why" anymore :D
So, if you enjoy your lifted Y you have my props, I don't like it, I cant wait for my MYP, but I may do a mod one day that nobody will like and it's all good!
You miss the point in whether you like something or not and your need to voice your dislike of what someone else does.
That's the difference.
People behave differently on the internet than in real life. Rude is rude.
When you see a guy with an F-150 parking near you do you go out of your way to tell him how much you dislike his lifted truck? Or the color? Or his ugly wife?

You miss the point in whether you like something or not and your need to voice your dislike of what someone else does.
That's the difference.
People behave differently on the internet than in real life. Rude is rude.
When you see a guy with an F-150 parking near you do you go out of your way to tell him how much you dislike his lifted truck? Or the color? Or his ugly wife?
I believe I said quite the opposite in my message, maybe my English is not very good yet, and I came out wrongly. I would never "go out of my way" but when I read "this looks amazing" well I disagree, for me it doesn't.

I believe I said quite the opposite in my message, maybe my English is not very good yet, and I came out wrongly. I would never "go out of my way" but when I read "this looks amazing" well I disagree, for me it doesn't.
Yet you did go out of your way.
You went out of your way to insult the OP and the person who felt it " this looks amazing"

Again, internet versus realty.
If you saw that F150 and a person walked up to him and said that you could hear " wow, this looks amazing" Would you say " To each his own but i think it looks awful"?

That's rude in person and its rude on the internet.
Perhaps you'd understand better if you switched it to yourself.
You park your MY P somewhere.
Some one says " Cool car"
Someone else hears it and says, " That's ugly. What stupid rims"
What would you think of that person?

These are rhetorical questions. Sad if you don't see you're being rude. i truly believe that is not your intent.
I wish you could see it.
Good Luck

You went out of your way to insult the OP and the person who felt it " this looks amazing"

If you saw that F150 and a person walked up to him and said that you could hear " wow, this looks amazing" Would you say " To each his own but i think it looks awful"?

These are rhetorical questions. Sad if you don't see you're being rude. i truly believe that is not your intent.
I wish you could see it.
Good Luck
All I can say is, I am sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I didn't use words like "ugly" or " stupid", that would have been truly insulting, I said I don't like it, so yea sorry for saying it. like you said "to each his own".
I will silently dislike things in the future, but if you post something to a public forum is for others to comment...

I wish you could see it.
Good Luck
You need to chill.

• Funny
Reactions: Noflash
Obviously he said it didnā€™t he?
but the bigger question why would you say such a thing?
why the need to insult the OPs choice for what he did to his car?
seriously, you are just being mean and rude.
I'd say once you post something to a public forum, the expectation is you'll get feedback both negative and positive. Just because the opinion doesn't match yours, doesn't mean it's rude. This is a forum, not 1st grade, not everyone is winning here.

Reactions: Yelobird
I am just curious what gave this user AquaY the right to copy one of my messages and post them into another thread (a locked one where you can't really reply) called Snippiness 2.0? I have done things to my Corvette than on the Stingray forum was not appreciated and they told me..... and also provided feedback on how to improve something that didn't look right, I didn't need an AquaY to defend my thread, I was mature enough to accept criticism since I chose to post something in the first place.
Is this AquaY a defender of topics? Is this a moderator or a forum owner that is deciding what is appropriate or not?
I will go back at reading only the estimate delivery thread. Too much salt here

I am just curious what gave this user AquaY the right to copy one of my messages and post them into another thread (a locked one where you can't really reply) called Snippiness 2.0? I have done things to my Corvette than on the Stingray forum was not appreciated and they told me..... and also provided feedback on how to improve something that didn't look right, I didn't need an AquaY to defend my thread, I was mature enough to accept criticism since I chose to post something in the first place.
Is this AquaY a defender of topics? Is this a moderator or a forum owner that is deciding what is appropriate or not?
I will go back at reading only the estimate delivery thread. Too much salt here
Some people have a lot of time on their hands, I guess. Most of the time, if I see something that's a personal choice that I personally don't like, I find it better just to not comment. There's a lot of other stuff here to comment on. The old adage 'If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing' is still a good rule, especially in the internet age.

1647461069749.png

lol - seems like a case of kettle calling the pot black.

Can we get back to discussing the lift kit instead of a playground slap fight over who's being a big meanypants and who's being the altruistic interweb ethics police?

Question - do those chunky tires increase road noise significantly?