Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted, smaller wheels, bigger tires - update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the look of these wheels. Been looking around for a couple weeks for 18in wheels for the MY LR I have on order. I also like that these have a fairly high load rating. Do you know how your shop got around the center bore difference? I think MYs have a 64.1 mm center bore, while your rims seem to be 76 mm (if I'm looking at the right part number on their site 1885MZA355114M76). TBH I'm new to the aftermarket wheel game, so I'm not sure it matters, just curious if you knew offhand. I'd love to order these.

Thanks!

TBH I have no idea. They recommended the brand, I chose the style I liked, and they put em on there. They haven't fallen off yet, so I assume they are ok! I suppose I could ask?

The tires on there are larger diameter than stock... And no, you can't go much bigger without rubbing either 1) the front suspension knuckle or 2) the wheel wells on full turn. If you get a lower offset wheel you might overcome the knuckle problem, but your wheels will stick out a lot... And I suppose you could get a narrower tire with a slightly larger diameter... But certainly not significantly... The tire shop I got mine installed at had played around with a pile of other sizes on another lifted Y and determined the 245/60/18s were the biggest reasonable tire, so that's what I went with. There's very little clearance on full turn.

Tipk99 - ...Also, looks like you could put an even bigger tire on after the lift?...

TBH I have no idea. They recommended the brand, I chose the style I liked, and they put em on there. They haven't fallen off yet, so I assume they are ok! I suppose I could ask?

I think I understand what they did. The wheels (I suppose most after market wheels are this way,) are lug centric, which fits a wider range of vehicles. They probably filled the space with a hub centric ring to make sure it didn't cause issues (to fill the empty space). I ended up going with the Replika R241s, but if they don't work out for whatever reason, these Rhinos are my top choice :) Thanks for the response!