Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liftgate Drain Blockage

DaveMUK

Jun 18, 2017
UK
Does anyone else have a problem with the drains in the liftgate getting blocked? Mine have both been blocked several times now, you can tell when you get a nice pond forming under the rear spoiler (mine does not have a active spoiler). I’ve tried using a air compressor (from both directions) but this hasn’t worked, I’ve only managed to get them to work by getting a small piece of wire threaded through the grommet - is there a better method?

A2D7E38A-3BBF-4034-8473-71675A3100AD.jpeg

puhiniho

Jun 15, 2018
Seattle
Wait a minute, are you saying there is a drain hole under the spoiler? All this time I thought it was a design issue and it always ponds under the spoiler. I'll have to take a look later today....

DaveMUK

Jun 18, 2017
UK
Wait a minute, are you saying there is a drain hole under the spoiler? All this time I thought it was a design issue and it always ponds under the spoiler. I'll have to take a look later today....

yes, there is a grommet under the spoiler and it drains down and out the bottle of the tailgate (I only worked it out by looking at the parts catalog)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC