Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifting it on all 4 jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaving for 6 months so I need to lift up my M3P. But you know officially we can use a jack only on 4 points: Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla
The jack stands I have therefore need to be there.
But where to put the jack to lift the car up to put the stands under?
Are there some other points near the 4 where I can also use a jack?
GUID-71FB1F13-D884-49D3-B5E4-EADC5CDA11D0-online-en-US.png

184813_255553730.jpeg

Thanks for the reply but USD 1200 is far from cheap and primarily "shipping to begin in 2-4 weeks" while I leave in 1 month and I am in Europe - therefore plus overseas shipping + customs.
You gave me an idea to contact a local blacksmith.

Leaving for 6 months so I need to lift up my M3P.

Wait, why are you lifting the car?
Concerned that tires will flat-spot?

FYI: I've had track cars sitting on tires without action during winters (4-6 months), with zero ill effects. Just pump up the tires, and leave them be.
Your 12V battery dying will be your primary concern, not the tires.

But you know officially we can use a jack only on 4 points.
The jack stands I have therefore need to be there.

True.

But where to put the jack to lift the car up to put the stands under?

There is a thread to discuss just that.
Works like a charm:

HTH,
a

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
I do not remember it all but I read somewhere on TMC it is recommended to lift up a car for >1 month parking. The tires also also already worn out a bit (after 7 months, the car is a beast) so I am not so much concerned about the tires.

OK, so the other safe point should be spring arms. I will try this weekend how easy it is and if not so easy I can also just pump up the tires, thanks!

FYI: I've had track cars sitting on tires without action during winters (4-6 months), with zero ill effects. Just pump up the tires, and leave them be.

True.

Works like a charm:

HTH,
a
12v dying is actually ZERO concern as the HV battery and system float the 12v battery. ICE car is obviously different.

True.

Works like a charm:

HTH,
a

Thanks for tracking that thread down for this OP, @afadeev . When I saw the thread title, I was going to hunt that one down and link it for them, but when I got to the thread I saw you had already done so.

I do not remember it all but I read somewhere on TMC it is recommended to lift up a car for >1 month parking.
This is an absurd claim and completely false.

The tires also also already worn out a bit (after 7 months, the car is a beast) so I am not so much concerned about the tires.
If you’re not concerned about the tires there is ZERO reason to lift the car.

I do not remember it all but I read somewhere on TMC it is recommended to lift up a car for >1 month parking.
Where did you read that? I've parked cars for way longer than that and there were no issues. Tesla's manual does not mention that at all. People have gone on long trips and left their cars at airports (including Teslas) with no ill effects. Main thing you worry about is keeping the car charged or disabling battery draining modes like Sentry, Cabin overheat, Summon Standby etc.

I have failed to google it on TMC now but I have found for example:
How to Prep Your Car for Long-Term Storage | Edmunds
If your car will be in storage for more than 30 days, consider taking the wheels off and placing the car on jack stands at all four corners.
Regarding battery I will keep the car in my garage connected to my Tesla Wall Connector so that should not be a problem. Thanks for reminding me to disable Summon Standby. Cabin overheat can never trigger in a garage in this country (moreover during winter). :)