Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light duty track day/daily driver Performance brake setup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
Planning on going to my first track day in April so trying to prep the car ready..

I have a Model 3 Performance with 19x9.5 wheels.

List of things planning to upgrade..
- front/rear Endless EX72 street pads
- front/rear stainless steel brake lines
- high temp brake fluid
- a good set of tires (maybe R-Compounds?)

I was also considering a set of Front BBK.. but they're mostly starting at around $4k..

Love to hear some advice.. thank you

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Planning on going to my first track day in April so trying to prep the car ready..

- high temp brake fluid

I was also considering a set of Front BBK.. but they're mostly starting at around $4k..

Honestly, with it being your first track day and also having those brake pads, you can get away with just upgraded rotors instead of biting the bullet for a BBK. It would be half the price and take care of the front and rear brakes.

Reactions: rc0310
Hey guys,

- high temp brake fluid

if this is your very first track day ever in any car, just take the car stock. you should concentrate on lapping safely. if you can afford it, get an instructor. mods arent important, as a beginner you're not going to be stressing things too much.

if its just your first track day in your tesla, still take it stock. youll truly know what you need to upgrade or what you can leave alone.

having typed all that....id actually do brake fluid just for peace of mind. motul rbf is my preferred brake fluid of choice.

Reactions: rc0310
Would definitely like to clarify if this is your first track day ever, or the first in the car?

I absolutely would not do your first track day on R-Compounds. That's a good way to end up in a wall. A set of 200TW tires will provide you considerably more feedback as you approach the limit.

Again, if this is your first event you may not even consider pads at this point, but I would definitely flush the brake fluid with a high temp DOT-4.