TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Light Harmonic Premium Sound System Upgrade

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RichieTheC, Jul 21, 2016.

1. RichieTheC

RichieTheC Member

So, I thought I'd poll the group to get the latest. Has anyone purchased and installed and if so is it worth it? I sent Light Harmonic an email asking if they have any Socal purchasers that might let me have a listen, but I got no reply.

2. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

I am really interested in their speaker upgrade for the base system. Not sure it's available yet but I too would love to hear it if someone gets it up here in the Pacific NW.

3. twonius

twonius Member

Is consider the amp upgrade if I had premium sound but $800 seems a bit steep for upgraded speakers

4. zambono

zambono Member

There is an ongoing 40 something page thread on light harmonic you should check there. Very mixed reviews and quality doesn't seem to be there.

5. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

@RichieTheC I have it installed. I'm a big part of that thread. I'd be happy to give you a listen. Bring along a USB stick with your kinda music.
    I'm in the SFV, but usually drive all over. PM me. Be happy to help.

6. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Regarding the sound: It does sound incredible. They just suck at communicating. The sub they provide sucks in sound quality relative to the stock unit. I left my stock sub in even though it's paper. Their door speakers have an appreciable improvement.
    The amp is Stunning. Stellar. If you can get them to sell you the amp alone, that's the way to go. Door speakers help too, but are not mind blowing like the amp.

7. RichieTheC

RichieTheC Member

Thanks, that's terribly helpful! I'll noodle on it, and connect with you the next time I'll be in the LA or SFV area. I'm there more often on motorcycle than by car. Is there a way to private-message using this site?

8. SuperOmega

SuperOmega Member