Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic speaker HONEST review and install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently did an upgrade to light harmonics speakers. Wanted to post here hopefully it helps someone.
I only recommend buying 2 speakers for front and not the rear. I explained the reasoning in the video link below which also shows the installation.
The rear speakers upgrade is a waste unless you add an amp and power them.
Light harmonics really need to sell them as a pair of 2.

Though I did not buy Light Harmonic speakers, I did buy some aftermarket speakers for the rear. They sounded okay, but the sound is EQ'd so much in the rear that they don't make an impact. Better off spending the money on better front speakers. You could get an incredible front stage for $1k.

Yes but if Savings are huge I would rather take 5mins extra to splice two wires. Not like the plug and play connectors add quality to the sound.

Agree, again just a minor point. Those same connectors can be purchased and spliced on the speaker side to avoid cutting existing wiring from the amp if it bothers anyone.

Great info and vid OP!
$250/speaker is crazy, though. I’m all for improved sound, but not at that price. Literal plug and play is great, but again, not at that price. I’d hack/sacrifice the stock speakers to re-use the mounting brackets with other decent speakers that cost less. Maybe winter covid project. :)

Correct. This is basic system but it’s still same speakers even if you have UHFS. Just more power coming from amp and more speakers.
You're half right. The rear door speakers in both cars are the same 6" mid-woofer just as the front door speakers in the non-UHFS uses the 6" mid-woofer. The front door speakers in the UHFS uses a larger (8") and better mid-woofer that's capable of producing more lower frequencies. These larger 8" front door speakers as well as the four smaller 3" speakers in the dash & hatch area is what's amped by the external amp which is under the left shin panel under the driver's side dash.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS and All In
You're half right. The rear door speakers in both cars are the same 6" mid-woofer just as the front door speakers in the non-UHFS uses the 6" mid-woofer. The front door speakers in the UHFS uses a larger (8") and better mid-woofer that's capable of producing more lower frequencies. These larger 8" front door speakers as well as the four smaller 3" speakers in the dash & hatch area is what's amped by the external amp which is under the left shin panel under the driver's side dash.
This is what I wanted to confirm. The baffles would def be different and I’d have to measure before looking at other speakers (ex Kappas) since I have UHFS. Thx!

I always thought the LH speakers should have been designed with 200mm front door speakers instead of front and back the same smaller size. Mentioned it to LH owner Larry Ho, but I don’t think he thought it was worth it.

Last edited:
Ah got it. Thanks for the details. Didn’t know.