Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic speaker HONEST review and install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone interested in splitting a set of the Light Harmonic speakers? I'm located in the Bay Area, CA btw...

I'm just about to buy a set of 4 and was going to post the same offer! Feel free to DM me.

Yes, direct swap on the UHFS and standard systems.
I don't understand. How can the LH speakers be a direct swap if the standard system utilizes a 6" speaker and the UHFS system utilizes an 8" speaker?

So I recently did an upgrade to light harmonics speakers. Wanted to post here hopefully it helps someone.
I only recommend buying 2 speakers for front and not the rear. I explained the reasoning in the video link below which also shows the installation.
The rear speakers upgrade is a waste unless you add an amp and power them.
Light harmonics really need to sell them as a pair of 2.

Anyone that's interested, I emailed LH enquiring as to whether they will be releasing the updated (MCU2) plug and play amp any time soon ....they replied that they will hopefully be on the website for sale in the coming weeks 👍

So I recently did an upgrade to light harmonics speakers. Wanted to post here hopefully it helps someone.
I only recommend buying 2 speakers for front and not the rear. I explained the reasoning in the video link below which also shows the installation.
The rear speakers upgrade is a waste unless you add an amp and power them.
Light harmonics really need to sell them as a pair of 2.

Are the refresh S speakers any better? ie is this upgrade still worth it?
For anyone's info ....I fitted four LH door speakers...a Rockford Fosgate 250 watt amp and 12" sub ...huge huge difference ...pulled the dash and A pillars apart to access the mid and tweeters to upgrade them ....emailed LH and was told the upgraded (MCU2) plug and play amp will be for sale on their website in the coming weeks 🤞🤞
2018 MS

• Informative
Reactions: nicedrum
For anyone's info ....I fitted four LH door speakers...a Rockford Fosgate 250 watt amp and 12" sub ...huge huge difference ...pulled the dash and A pillars apart to access the mid and tweeters to upgrade them ....emailed LH and was told the upgraded (MCU2) plug and play amp will be for sale on their website in the coming weeks 🤞🤞
2018 MS
Light Harmonic's credibility is actually worse than Elon's. Certainly would love LH to prove me wrong given their products are decent, but I wouldn't hold your breath on their new amplifier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheburashka
If you like to feel more bass then yes. If you don’t care as much then maybe not. I don’t care for window rattling and prefer tonal quality, nice separation, and a defined front stage - but I still like some subwoofer to bring it alive. LH speakers have good specs and I used them in the doors, but I also replaced every other speaker in the car, including the sub. I also have the LH amp. I really enjoy this configuration.
Did you use the LH replacement package for all speakers? Really happy?