Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic speaker HONEST review and install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you like to feel more bass then yes. If you don’t care as much then maybe not. I don’t care for window rattling and prefer tonal quality, nice separation, and a defined front stage - but I still like some subwoofer to bring it alive. LH speakers have good specs and I used them in the doors, but I also replaced every other speaker in the car, including the sub. I also have the LH amp. I really enjoy this configuration.

Good point but these have special bracket to mount and no one sells just the brackets. How are you mounting your after market speakers without a bracket??

You'll need an adapter. You can buy these online. They're not cheap (around $150 or so for the pair) but you're still ahead of the LH price. Some people have cut up their factory speakers and turned them into adapters for free, though there is obviously no going back at that point.

As for range impact by running a more powerful amp, it's negligible at best. A 1000w amp at 1/8 duty cycle (normal listening) will impact your range by about 0.3% at 60mph. The car takes a relatively staggering amount of power just to maintain speed.

Just bought a nvx sub kit and have two ba design speakers to install. Wanted all 4 ba’s but after hearing this not really sure I need them. With that being said, the nvx sub kit has a amp so should I still try to get rear speaker for the door?

Just bought a nvx sub kit and have two ba design speakers to install. Wanted all 4 ba’s but after hearing this not really sure I need them. With that being said, the nvx sub kit has a amp so should I still try to get rear speaker for the door?

Probably not needed. You might check the BAs - I remember hearing that one of the speaker versions had an issue fitting behind the door panel.

No, rear speaker upgrades are still a waste IMO. Note that the NVX amp in the kit will only power the sub; it does not drive any of the other speakers in the car.

Nice. Thank you. Saved me some money. Wanted the ba’s at first but Joebiggs gonna sell me some timpanos already in the bracket. But now I know that they don’t get much power, I might not need them. If anybody looking for a alternative door speakers. Plus timpanos have really good reviews and I suggest you hit @joebiggs24. I think the Timpanos are honestly louder than the ba’s anyway.

Alot of YouTube vids on installing nvx subs on the ms, but I ain’t got the heart. I’ve never hook up and amp and sub in a car for some reason. I have done TVs and some other mods but never that one. Don’t wanna start learning on a Tesla.

Alot of YouTube vids on installing nvx subs on the ms, but I ain’t got the heart. I’ve never hook up and amp and sub in a car for some reason. I have done TVs and some other mods but never that one. Don’t wanna start learning on a Tesla.

The NVX kit includes everything needed. It can be daunting for those without installation experience to run a cable from the frunk area to the 12v battery and actually connect it to the battery. I know that has stopped some from doing it, but many have taken it on.

I miss the good old days of single-DIN stereos where you had line-level outs as well as normal speaker-level outs. Made for easy stereo installs. Now everything’s integrated/embedded, making things so much more difficult for aftermarket upgrades. So while I do have extensive install experience, if my car didn’t have UHFS, I’d prob stick to just upgrading the speakers. Running power from the frunk is doable, but I’m not about to tap speaker outs to drive the sub.

Buying it used from ndhaon1111. He had it for 200 so had to jump on it. 90 bucks to ship so I’m happy. Pretty sure he sending all the nvx wires too. If not I’ll pick up a kit. This along with the lh should be nice tho. Gonna be great for my hdmi converter too. But yeah it seems doable but I’d rather pay the pros or someone that has experience for a job like that. Especially with such an electrical car

Did my driver side today and everything went well...and then i found one extra clip on the ground

Attachments

• IMG_6511.JPG
    IMG_6511.JPG
    589.7 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: All In
BD44563F-A3FC-46D1-926A-B0BF4087E7A4.jpeg
8BF4B05B-3B5E-4937-9BA6-FBDA772339F5.jpeg
I just had a two light harmonics installed in the front doors last week along with the nvx sub and amp. Honestly there is an improvement but not one I see worth the price. Especially since door speakers are so cheap these days. You can buy a speaker just as good for a fraction of the price. A simple mod on the speaker brackets and your good to go. Luckily I got mine cheap so IM satisfied at the price. But I paid 130, not 500. In all fairness to the speakers my amp isn’t hooked up yet cause I bought the system used and the amp didn’t work. So I ordered another and it getting swapped on Monday so I’ll see how the door speakers sound with more power then. As far as modding the speaker. I was able to cut the speaker out of the bracket and I simply glued the new speaker in with some 3m plastic and rubber apoxy. I tried to screw it in but the holes didn’t line up right. I ended up with a tear in the rubber in my speaker cause the screwdriver slipped. Thus the switch to glue. Worked great no issues. Wish I would’ve done that in the first place. Since it was also a rubber glue was able to fix it. Ugly but it worked. So If I were you I’d look into cheaper 6.5 speaker and mod the bracket. Will do the job just as well in my opinion. Just glue it in so you so tear your speaker like I did. Lol. Don’t get me wrong. I like them just fine and do notice the difference, but I just don’t hear nothing you can’t do for much better pricing. Just my opinion

Last edited:
View attachment 635827 View attachment 635829 I just had a two light harmonics installed in the front doors last week along with the nvx sub and amp. Honestly there is an improvement but not one I see worth the price. ...e difference, but I just don’t hear nothing you can’t do for much better pricing. Just my opinion

what type of glue is it? is it the Hot Glue Gun? if so this will melt in hot weather and your speaker will fall off loose. hope its some other glue that dries..if so please do share with us the type.
also if you can share what brand speakers you used and from where?
thanks