Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic speaker HONEST review and install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a knob for that. The NVX sub can be obnoxiously loud if you want it to be, or it can just disappear into the rest of the music. Just turn the attenuation knob on the amp. If you buy the kit, the NVX amp will have an attenuation knob you can mount within arm's reach of the driver. I have mine sitting just forward of the driver's right seat rail. A lot of amps have these "bass" knobs.

Reactions: Cheburashka
I got the knob installed so that’s definitely a plus. Just gotta remember to turn it down so she doesn’t get in it and blow her eardrums out. I won’t be turning it up too loud anyway. It did sound jacked with the other speaker but, it was loud for the second it played. I looked any the knob was about a quarter way up. That was plenty from what I did hear

It's an attenuation, not a boost knob, so it'll depend on what the gain is set on the amp.

Unplug the knob and set the gain on the amp to where you want it - perhaps just a little higher than normal, then plug the knob back in and reduce the sub further that way. I suspect the gain on your amp is up too high if 1/4 turn on the attenuation knob is already as loud as you'd ever want it. I usually leave the knob in the middle and occasionally turn it up depending on the type of music.

Reactions: byeLT4
Finally got everything installed and wow. The lh speakers are an improvement, but combined with the nvx sub it really gets impressive. You won’t hear it blocks away or anything but people inside the car will be impressed. No real sloppy rattling but a nice clean bass. I hear a lot of systems and a lot of them sound like muffled bass and noise. This has a good clarity from the lh midranges and a good clean bass from the sub. This is what I call a grown mans system. Cops shouldn’t really be bothersome with it but, inside you feel like your at a concert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheburashka
Well yes, you could install it in any enclosure, but they are not marketing it as a component driver for DIY enclosures. At $399 I would want a lot more specs than just "6N Pure Copper Wire from cone to terminal." I'm guessing it's just a 1 ohm SVC driver. You've got a lot of great choices if you're shelling out that much coin for a component subwoofer with no enclosure.

Finally got everything installed and wow. The lh speakers are an improvement, but combined with the nvx sub it really gets impressive. You won’t hear it blocks away or anything but people inside the car will be impressed. No real sloppy rattling but a nice clean bass. I hear a lot of systems and a lot of them sound like muffled bass and noise. This has a good clarity from the lh midranges and a good clean bass from the sub. This is what I call a grown mans system. Cops shouldn’t really be bothersome with it but, inside you feel like your at a concert.

I was happier with it than I thought I would be as well. One would have to spend alot more money to get a slight improvement over what NVX asks for their sub system.

There's a knob for that. The NVX sub can be obnoxiously loud if you want it to be, or it can just disappear into the rest of the music. Just turn the attenuation knob on the amp. If you buy the kit, the NVX amp will have an attenuation knob you can mount within arm's reach of the driver. I have mine sitting just forward of the driver's right seat rail. A lot of amps have these "bass" knobs.

I don't have this knob in my system, but you know what would be nice? Having this attenuator programmed to the vehicles speed. Automatically turning up at high speed, and then lowering at lower speeds. It is easy to adjust the volume to do this while driving (and yes many other cars have the ability to do this automatically) but tweaking with the bass, either with the knob or going into the eq settings is too much.

I guess I’m stuck with a LH sub that I can’t use now. Paid 399 plus tax for nothing. :(
If anyone interested let me know

Maybe buy the stock enclosure from a wrecker? I can't see many people wanting them, so they might be cheap. Knowing Tesla the wiring for the sub might be right there behind the interior carpet as well. Then you would just need some power for it.

I wasn't aware of a different trunk config either. Some used sub boxes on ebay are listed for all cars.

AudioDesignsCG makes their own "NVX" style box that you can use your own driver in. They're still pretty expensive, and it's not clear whether the LH sub will make the most of it, but a decent sized sealed box is generally a safe bet to make use of the driver.

Can you not return it? Seems like throwing good money after bad, especially with the high price of the LH sub.

Yeah. I don’t know bro. This one keeps eating at the brain. Something is just telling me that box will fit. I’ve seen a few install vids on a refresh of the nvx enclosure and they all fit. No size difference or even a option for a different size box no matter the year. I’ve got a feeling your gamble should be on the box and not the speaker. ADEEL if I were you I’d pull the trigger in one of those boxes. I was told that maxton sideskirts don’t fit a prefacelift, yet I have a friend with them in his ms right now. It’ll fit. Go with the eBay box. That lh is the 10 inch sub right?

If you don’t wanna get the box. You can go with a all in one amp and speaker cube under ther seat. Sonic electronics has them for 130. But it believe its a 8 inch. Wiring should be the same as a sub. Plus you can always upgrade to the 10 inch sub later. You’ll already have the wiring done tho. That’s just in case you want a quick improvement.