Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Light Harmonic T4D Upgrade Speaker System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the installation is similar to the one of the Faital speakers I listed 5 posts above, removing the whole dash is not needed. All that was required was removing some trim pieces.

The issue might be the clearance between the windshield and the dash. The Faitals cleared pretty easily, but they have a small neodymium magnet assembly. If these speakers have a large ceramic magnet, that could present some clearance problems for installing with the dash in place.

@Light Harmonic, this is the exact reason everyone is asking. If your speakers are bigger in dimension they might not be swappable without removing the dash. Seems people have successfully swapped out Infinitys and Faitals without full dash removal. Your DIY video doesn't show the view of the magnets for any driver so really hard to tell. I think the answer to this question is important as a decision factor for many potential purchasers. In addition, it would be hugely beneficial to show a step-by-step full dash removal if that is in fact required.

If I were in the market, I'd want some specs on the speakers, too. To me, they look a little "gimicky" with the carbon fiber dome. So if they are really made in-house, I wonder about things like efficiency, response, etc.

With a well-known speaker manufacturer like Faital, I felt more comfortable.

If I were in the market, I'd want some specs on the speakers, too. To me, they look a little "gimicky" with the carbon fiber dome. So if they are really made in-house, I wonder about things like efficiency, response, etc.

With a well-known speaker manufacturer like Faital, I felt more comfortable.

From Light Harmonic's site:
LH speakers.jpg

@Light Harmonic, this is the exact reason everyone is asking. If your speakers are bigger in dimension they might not be swappable without removing the dash. Seems people have successfully swapped out Infinitys and Faitals without full dash removal. Your DIY video doesn't show the view of the magnets for any driver so really hard to tell. I think the answer to this question is important as a decision factor for many potential purchasers. In addition, it would be hugely beneficial to show a step-by-step full dash removal if that is in fact required.
Ditto to that question. Removing the entire dash looks a bit daunting. There are other speaker upgrade threads where people use a very compact socket to remove the factory drivers and reinstall aftermarket ones w/o removing the dash. Can this same procedure be done on the Light Harmonic speakers?
Your reviews looks solid, however you still haven't answered the question if the dash needs to be removed to install the dash speakers.

The video install cuts to the dash already being removed. If doesn't show how the dash is removed and reinstalled again.

Can the dash speakers be installed without the dash being removed?

I have been informed by the techs that you are able to replace the speakers WITHOUT removing the full dash.

If your going to show a video on how to install it you don't cut to the top dash totally removed without showing how you did it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the one who edited it (or it wouldn't be an issue), but I will pass that to our video guy for future videos! :)

Last edited: