Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic upgraded speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've read reports about popping noises on MCU2. Is that what you helped tune or fix?

Yes, they removed buzzing and popping noises both on startup and during operation. Adjustments were made internal to the amp. Too much adjustment one way led to popping on startup and too much the other way sounded like background noise or buzzing. They found the right mix after a few iterations and it has been perfect ever since.

There was some discussion a while back about someone possibly creating a wiring harness interface that would plug into the premium amp harness. That would be very useful if trying to integrate with a different class D, 5 channel amp without splicing into the existing wires. Has anyone heard anything more about this? I created the attached diagram when I was working on my stereo project and it could be useful for helping to create a connector.

Attachments

• Amplifier Connector Diagram(1).pdf
    172.4 KB · Views: 82
There was some discussion a while back about someone possibly creating a wiring harness interface that would plug into the premium amp harness. That would be very useful if trying to integrate with a different class D, 5 channel amp without splicing into the existing wires. Has anyone heard anything more about this? I created the attached diagram when I was working on my stereo project and it could be useful for helping to create a connector.
I always though this would be a good idea, but is beyond my skill/time level. The actual part for the connector is a TE 1534046-1. There are sites that will make a bunch of the. Early cars without UHFS still had the amp connector so you could wire a sub off that using the above part.

I always though this would be a good idea, but is beyond my skill/time level. The actual part for the connector is a TE 1534046-1. There are sites that will make a bunch of the. Early cars without UHFS still had the amp connector so you could wire a sub off that using the above part.

I think this would be a useful adapter and would work on both MCU1 and MCU2 versions because the only wiring differences between the two are the color of the wires. A plug and play adapter for the existing harness could provide stub wiring for connecting to a variety of amp and speaker combinations. Even if you replaced speaker wiring and used a different power cable, the line-in wiring and other interface wiring could be accessed without having to do any splicing into the existing wires. I would use this adapter even if going with a completely customized configuration. It would be nice if it had a passthrough capability to still be able to plug directly into a UHFS or LH amp, but allowed for bypass of selected channels (subwoofer, for example) and interface with a separate third amp. Someone could also get close to an LH premium amp replacement configuration, as well, as long as the power consumption did not exceed the capability and fuse capacity of the existing circuit (maybe 600 watts or so, if I did my math correctly). Nice idea, I would purchase one if someone were to produce a batch of these adapters.

Reactions: jobiggs24
Just got my updated replacement amp. Took a while as they reworked the board to fix the issues it had and revised it to work with the newer MCU's. Definitely has more venting than the previous unit did.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 12.03.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 12.03.15 PM.png

Just got my updated replacement amp. Took a while as they reworked the board to fix the issues it had and revised it to work with the newer MCU's. Definitely has more venting than the previous unit did.

View attachment 638113 View attachment 638115

I installed my updated amp yesterday. Works the way it should. No popping or static. Bass bumps now. Too bad I will only have my lease another 4 months before I get a new car. I'm happy that LH pulled through and fixed the amps

Reactions: dark cloud